5 years 9 months ago #294239

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 67.0.3396.87
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error Message

Good afternoon;

We are working on setting up the HikaMarket Multi-Vendor for a client and a couple questions have come up regarding the calculation of the vendor payment & the clients Vendor Fee.

There are two prices:

1) Retail Price - Client wants the Vendor Fee to be based off this.

2) Displayed Price - This has a markup built into it which displays on the product page and this is what the consumer pays.

Right now, the Vendor Fees ar being calculated on the Displayed price and not Retail. Is it possible to change this? If so, how do we set this up??

The other question is, is it possible to have the Vendor Fees based on the retail price before taxes are applied? If so, how do we set this up?

Thank you in advance.

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by cgourlay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 9 months ago #294243

Hello,

1 - The vendor fees are based on what the client has paid.
It cannot be relative to the "retail price" since it's just a fixed number without currency, or else.
What you're asking is not possible since there is no possible relation between the retail price and what the client paid.

Afterwards, you can still see to use custom plugin to implement your own processing algorithm but I can't provide you any guarantee. Specially if you do have multiple currencies or if your product prices could change
Since HikaMarket base the processing on the "order product price" and even if the product changed, that information not. So you are sure that the processing is consistent. In your case you would have to do extra stuff to be sure to not change the vendor fees if the product changed or if the product is deleted.

2 - I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're talking about.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgourlay

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #294271

Thank you for the clarification on question 1 Jerome. That is what I suspected would be the case but wanted to confirm.

Question 2 - Was related to how the Vendor Fee is calculated.

Scenario A - Let's say I am collecting a 10% fee from each sale. Customer pays $100 for an item. I collect a $10 fee as the Store Owner, and then pay the Vendor $90. That is clear as day for me.

Scenario B - As store owner I am collecting a 10% fee from each sale. Retail price of the item is $100. There is a Government mandated 10% Sales Tax that is charged on the sale of the item. Customer now pays $110. That extra $10 technically belongs to the government.

Is my 10% Vendor Fee still calculated on the original Retail Price of $100 or the after Tax Price of $110?

Thanks in advance.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 9 months ago #294272

Hi,

By default HikaMarket process the vendor price depending the price without the taxes.
You have a setting for that :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ml#config_market_tax

So if you do configure your government sale taxe as an HikaShop tax, it will not be include during the HikaMarket process.
It's also possible to add these as an additional line in the cart footer (like shipping or payment price). There are possibilities but you first need to know how you want to manage that sale taxe.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #294307

Thank you for the replies and clarifications Jerome. Have a good day.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds