Paypal Adaptive No More App ID Live !

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 2 months ago #302066

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID header contains an invalid value

Hello,

I have been working on a website for a year with Hikamarket, testing with the plugin Paypal Adaptive and sandbox accounts (store, vendor, buyer).
Everything was working well, I was planning to go live.
Here is a screenshot of one payment method:

After some exchanges with Paypal, I received my API Username, Password, Signature but no App ID:

There is not a way to get a new App ID as that product has been closed to new integrations.
I understand this is frustrating having been working in sandbox and having this work for the past year, but you will need to find another module to use as the Adaptive product is sunset and being phased out.

:ohmy: :huh: ?
Could you please provide me solutions?
If the solution is to go via another payment platform like Stripe or mango, ok but I would appreciate clear and simple guidance.
For me to switch as fast as possible.
Also I use 3 currencies, 3 payment methods with different restrictions, one USD, one CAD and one EUR.
And I will probably let 0% fee for the first months (no commission to the store)...

Bonne année.
Sincerely,

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ChristopheMG. Reason: precision

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 2 months ago #302074

Hello,

Yes, MangoPay and Stripe Connect are two other adaptive solutions which allows the vendor to be paid directly in the same time than the store.
While Paypal adaptive require a paypal account for the vendors, Stripe connect requires a stripe account. MangoPay on the other hand do allow the vendor to create their account directly from your website and manage the bank transfer and some other stuff.

Paypal discontinued the adaptive platform some time ago and unfortunately, there is no real replacement for it. Since old adaptive accounts are still working, the plugin is still supported (and can be used in "classical mode" even if do not provide same adaptive features).

Both MangoPay and Stripe have support of the USD,CAD and EUR currencies.
Due to the administrative structure of MangoPay, the creation of vendor account requires the upload of some "proof" documents to legally activate the account and remove some financial "restrictions".
Stripe Connect has been made with the standard integration so the vendor register in the Stripe website and can handle their account their ; so the requirement for the legal documents is not require within your website.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopheMG

5 years 2 months ago #302097

Thank you,

I did some research. I prefer to choose wisely and not come back after.
Braintree is also an option...

My needs in some words:

• Marketplace > Vendors / Users / Commission (website).
  • International (USD, CAD, EUR) but ! Users will buy from vendors in the same country.
  • User buy from only one vendor at the time (Limit Vendors in cart = One).

What I like about Stripe: "the legal documents is not required within your website", I prefer to start light on the legal stuff even if the fact that it sounds lighter for the vendors is a good point...
Braintree: No fees for the first $50,000, Paypal logic apparently, maybe the plugin look similar?
Is the official plugin this one? : 3by400.com/extensions/braintree-payment-plugin-for-hikashop

Do you have a page with all your payment plugins?
Edit: www.hikashop.com/marketplace/category/33-payment.html
Pros and Cons... ?
Please, which one would you suggest in my case, any other recommendations?
The better I choose now, the less you will hear about me in the future...

Regards,

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ChristopheMG. Reason: Payment plugins page: https://www.hikashop.com/marketplace/category/33-payment.html

5 years 2 months ago #302115

Hello,

Yes, braintree do have a "marketplace" version of its API but with a lot of restrictions

Braintree Marketplace is only available for business models in which the master merchant and sub-merchants are all domiciled in the US. It is not compatible with PayPal, Braintree's recurring billing, or most third-party shopping carts. Before you can get started, all merchant accounts need to be specially approved by us for use with Braintree Marketplace

CF : developers.braintreepayments.com/guides/...marketplace/overview

That's why that plugin would not be develop directly within HikaMarket but might be done via a custom development if it's really needed by a website/marketplace.
The 3by400 plugin is a third party plugin created by 3by400 ; it does not support the Marketplace API as far as I know.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 2 months ago #302120

Hello,

Ok I forget about Braintree.

I will try MangoPay first since I can see both plugins "HikaMarket - MangoPay integration" and "Hikashop (market) MangoPay Payment Plugin".
I will not forget to include Mango in Vendors ACL...
Then if it's not conclusive, I will consider Stripe Connect.

Please let me know if you think about another plugin/solution.

Regards,

5 years 2 months ago #302132

Hello,

As I wrote previously, there is currently two other adaptive plugins for HikaMarket.
Afterwards, Paypal Adaptive can still be used in "classical" mode where the vendor will receive directly the customer sale ; but your store would have to bill the vendors in a second time to get its fees.
If you do have a vendor restriction, it is an alternative to Adaptive plugins.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds