Hika Market and Coupon Option

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 5 months ago #311914

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hi,
From previous discussions we've had, I believe I need to add HikaMarket for one half of what I'm looking to do.

First, I have a monthly product that uses Hika Serial for renewals. I want to create a coupon code that will only be good for the initial sign-up and will give the customer the service free for the first twelve months. After that, the product will renew automatically and bill monthly. The only part of this I don't know how to do is the code needed to give the customer the first 12 months for free.

Second, I want to use HikaMarket to send 80% of the payment to the site owner and 20% of the payment to a second party both using PayPal.

Please advise as I will need to purchase HikaMarket if this cannot be done w/o that product.

Thank you.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #311915

As I'm working on this I realize I should clarify something…

The main goal here is to have a user sign-up for free, capture their payment method through PayPal and get them into a recurring payment plan without them paying for the first 12 months. What I've noticed while testing is that if the product is entirely free through a discount or such, HikaShop doesn't ask for any payment info. So I'm thinking the cost may have to be 1¢ or $1 in order to capture their payment info.

The trick is that the renewal price needs to be for 1 month whereas the discount needs to be for 1 year or 1 year minus 1¢, However that will work.

4 years 5 months ago #311975

I apologize… I've been working long hours and just realized that we previously established recurring payments through HikaSerial and multi-vendors through HikaMarket are not compatible.

So after struggling with this problem for the past day, I've come up with a partial solution. I can't get create a monthly subscription that gives twelve months free and then renews normally at full price. Instead, I created an annual subscription (the client still prefers monthly though) for $1. I created a second product for .99¢. When the visitor places both items into their cart, they have to pay 1¢ for their initial purchase and are alerted that the subscription will renew at full price. That's all perfect.

Understanding that HikaMarket is not an option with recurring payments, is it possible to split the payment between the site owner and one other single account for all transactions or will the site owner simply need to pay the second party?

Please advise as I'm in need of making this happen one way or another.

Best Regards.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 5 months ago #311991

Hello,

Paypal recurring is working for one single account, it can't support the adaptive api (which is no more available anyway).
Sending the recurring to the vendor is not wanted in Hikasubscription or HikaMaket since the vendor would have too much control.

So, yes it would require to pay *manually" the vendors each month.
But with the new batch interface, it becoming easier akd faster.

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 years 5 months ago #311997

Thank you. And with regard to a monthly subscription. Have I missed anything? Is there a way to create a monthly subscription that (A) takes the users' Payment information at the time of sign-up (if the cart is $0 it seems to skip that step) and (B) renews with no cost for 12 months and then full price after that?

best Regards,

John

4 years 5 months ago #312011

Hello,

The HikaShop recurring system cannot be activate if the order is "free" ; it requires at least a price to redirect the user to the Paypal page and perform a payment.
Afterwards the payment sum can be different than the recurring one (if there are non recurring products).

We are open and aware regarding suggestions to improve HikaSubscription and provide new features.
I admit that I'm thinking about how add such kind of feature but with the "restrictions" that Paypal recurring (or other recurring payment methods) have or the HikaShop needs ; it's not easy to find a good solution which will feet everyone needs.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: jcroce

4 years 4 months ago #313073

Hi, I'm getting ready to implement some coupons and I want to confirm that this will work correctly…

I've created a coupon code that discounts the product by $10.98. So the first payment of a monthly recurring product goes from $10.99 down to 1¢ after the coupon is added.

I've confirmed that this all works through the cart. I select the service, enter the code, receive the discount, see the 1¢ total due along with the message "Recurring payment each 1 month(s)", and can place the order.

When the order renews in one month and every month after that, it should renew for the full amount of $10.99.

Is this what I can expect? My fear is that it will renew for 1¢.

Thank you.

4 years 4 months ago #313115

Hello,

HikaSubscription does use the final price of the product to perform the recurring.
If you do set-up a discount on the product price, that price will be stored in the order and that specific price will be used by the recurring plugin.
When there are multiple products in the order and some do not have the recurring, HikaSubscription will process the price for the recurring part.
But, in the other hand, when there is just recurring products in the order, HikaSubscription can simply take the final price of the order as the recurring price.

Thus, in your specific case, if you just have one product and a coupon, the HikaSubscription behavior would be to use the order total price as recurring price.
It would require some modification in the core (and a new setting) to force the processing of the orders even if there is just one product (or to do it when there is a coupon).
It would also require a new setting for the coupons to be able to know if they should be handle by the recurring. Because maybe you do have a coupon which would be apply for all your subscription...

The full implementation would require some time and that's not something we can provide as small patch in the forum.
But it might be possible to modify the core to deactivate the optimization and force the processing of the order's products to generate the recurring sum. It would require some investigation and multiple tests in our side but it would be the fasted way.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds