• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 2 weeks ago #317111

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16

I made a fresh install of hikamarket,
I created vendors categories
I must do something wrong, I can't just list vendors from one category vendors.
Can you give me a clue ?

---

seb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 2 weeks ago #317117

Hello,

Vendors do not have a structural listing within HikaMarket.
But you can create a "vendor category" which is an HikaShop category link to a specific vendor.
That vendor category gives specific rights to a vendor but can also redirect to the vendor page if the user click on it.

You can configure HikaMarket to create the vendor categories in a specific one (HikaMarket do create you a category for that) ; and after the create of vendors, you can move them to another place in your category tree.
It will allow you to have a HikaShop category tree as you want and some of them will be "vendors".

It will be directly integrated into the HikaShop category listing, not the HikaMarket vendor lsiting one (which display all vendors)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 2 weeks ago #317189

Ok thanks for your answer.
It would be great to be able to categorize vendors easily.

---

seb

4 years 2 weeks ago #317210

Hello,

Please details your request if you want us to add such kind of feature.
Right now, I'm sorry but I do not see the need of such complicated feature since there is the HikaShop category system and the vendor category.
Thus I need to understand your point of view.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 2 weeks ago #317336

This has been a feature that I've been waiting for and I think it would be a great asset to HikaMarket.

Here is an example of how we would benefit:

Example:
-- Vendor Category 1 (example: Schools)
---- School 1
---- School 2
-- Vendor Category 2 (example: Churches)
---- Church 1
---- Church 2
-- Vendor Category 2 (example: Other Non-Profit)
---- Other Non-Profit 1
---- Other Non-Profit 2

My website is setup a little different than a typical marketplace site. I have two types of products listed on my website.
1) Vendor-specific products
2) Products that do not have a specific vendor and the customer gets to select who a portion of that sale is going to.

The reason why it is setup this way is because I'm starting to work with non-profit organizations who I'm going to donate a portion of each product to. If the product is, for example, geared towards religion or church, a customer can select which church (vendor category 2 above) will get a portion of the sale of that product. If the product is geared towards education, a customer can select which school (vendor category 1 above) will get a portion of the sale of that product. I want the customer to have the ability to give to multiple organizations when they purchase from me, but I don't want them to be able to select just any one of the vendors. I want them to have to select a vendor from the category that pertains to that type of product.

In addition to this, if I make a product specifically for a certain vendor (let's say a school), I can list their product on my website and they automatically get a portion of that sale since it's their product. If a person purchased that specific product and an additional product, they would be able to select the vendor for the second product. This way they could have two different vendors in the cart. I'm currently trying to get my site to at least do that, so I may have a few questions that I'll start a new thread on if I get to that point.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317362

Hello,

HikaMarket Vendors do have ACL features and also "groups" capabilities.
You can add a vendor into a Joomla user group which will give him specific rights or fee rules.
ACL and restrictions options can be configured in the dedicated interface (HikaMarket > Access).

The HikaShop categories are purely visual regarding the display for the customers and how to browse the products.

Regarding your description, there is no need of "category of vendors" since there is already the "groups" which allow to categorize a vendor to give him specific rights or options.
And the "Vendors' category" allow to improve the integration of vendors in the HikaShop product/category display.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 2 weeks ago #317366

I have already setup a new vendor group and given them ACL options. What my end goal is to have the customer select which vendor will get a portion of the sale of that product via a Vendor Selector. My problem is that the Vendor Selector displays ALL vendors. I only want it to display some. There is no way (to my knowledge) to allow a customer (guest or registered) to select a vendor using the Vendor Selector that is from a specific Joomla Group either. My concern is how a customer can select from a certain type of Vendor, not how the products and categories for a vendor are displayed.

I have products that are to be sold by a specific vendor AND I have products that I want the customer to select which vendor a portion of that sale will go to (by an Item characteristic Vendor Selector). Any mix of these could be in a customers cart. I want to see a way that we can filter them so that only certain vendors are displayed on certain non-vendor-specific products.

One thing that I thought of was if we can't categorize them to limit the display in the Vendor Selector, I would like to be able to filter them. I created a Vendor (table) custom field where a vendor can select an account type (business, school, sports team, etc). This way when they register, I know how to classify them. I am curious if I could somehow filter the Vendor Selector to show only vendors of a certain Vendor custom field? This way only vendors with a specific custom field would be displayed in the Vendor Selector?

4 years 1 week ago #317379

Hello,

The current vendor selector type will list all published vendors.
Adding a feature to add "vendor groups" will not change that.
It would be more convenient to improve the "vendor selector type" by adding a filter on Joomla group than creating a new kind of vendor structuration and add the same kind of filter to the selector type.

But, even if we add that kind of filter, you do want to have that filter dynamic depending the product.
The vendor selection is based on a custom field, which can be an "order field" or an "item field".
If it is a "order field", you will have issues because you might have a conflict between products and cannot select just one vendor for the entire order.
If it is an "item field", you will have issue because a custom field do not have the information of the product.
You can access to all the other fields (and their values) but you have no access to the "parent" object (user, order, item, product...)

It would require a lot of modifications in the HikaShop and HikaMarket core to introduce a way to do such.
Otherwise, you can override in the product page the way than the item custom field is displayed ; instead of displaying the official vendor selection field, you skip its display and perform your display of a dropdown. In the product page context you will have access to the product data and you could determine which vendor you want in that list.
Afterwards, thanks to a custom plugin, you can also add a function to verify that the cart data is correct before the creation of an order and the vendor selector system will do the rest by making the vendor association and process the fees.

I do understand what you want to achieve and I'm sorry there is no built-in feature to have such kind of control.
The vendor selector was design for "sales representative" needs, with the features and possibilities that HikaShop fields offers.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: wild4gsus

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 week ago #317528

I believe I didn't understand what a vendor category was ...
I'll get what I want with a custom module i'm finishing ....

Thanks for your quick reply !

---

seb

4 years 1 week ago #317535

Hello,

It is an HikaShop category which is link with a vendor ; so when you click on that category in the front-end, you are redirected to the HikaMarket vendor page instead of the normal HikaShop behavior.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds