How to display ONLY the payment method for the vendor whose product is in cart

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 8 months ago #322788

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 78.0.2 on macOS 10.15.5

My vendor uses only Stripe Connect as a payment method, and I only want this payment method to be displayed on the checkout cart when a user selects their product, and that is the only product in the cart. How to I stop the main vendor's payment methods from being displayed as well? We downloaded the latest Stripe Connect plugin. Also, is there a special webhook I need to specify in the vendor's stripe account?

In the VENDOR OPTIONS for Stripe Connect plugin page, there is no option to specify which vendor this payment method is associated with. All it says is "Plugin compatible with HikaMarket multi-vendor system".

In the Credentials section of Stripe Connect plugin page. we specified:
Use Global credentials: No
we entered the Client ID, API Key, & Publishable Key.

With the payment methods we set up for the main vendor, which are PayPal and eWay, we did specify in the VENDOR OPTIONS, the main vendor only. Since we only want that payment method to show up for the main vendor, and not the other vendors. We were not sure want to specify for Market Commissions mode. Can you please advise on this as well.

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by TheSiriusLibrary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #322808

Hello,

The display is managed by the setting "show only vendor payments" :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

3 years 8 months ago #322828

I have done that. However, we are using Stripe Connect payment plugin which we just purchased from you, as we want both the vendor and the main vendor to be paid in the same transaction. In Stripe Connect, we don't know how to assign this payment method to the vendor - how is this done? There is no option in the stripe connect plugin to specify this. We used the vendor's Stripe credentials in the Stripe Connect payment plugin. Wondering if we should have used the main vendor's stripe credentials instead? Or is there a way to assign this payment method to the vendor?

Also in the Strip account setup for the vendor isn't there an Endpoint Code, I need to specify to communicate with the Stripe Connect payment plugin on our website? Can you help me with this?

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by TheSiriusLibrary.

3 years 8 months ago #322849

Hello,

When you're using Stripe Connect, you do not want to use that payment restriction since the payment method directly support the multi-vendor.

Stripe Connect is based on your credentials only. You should have just one payment instance.
The vendor have an interface (a button), in the vendor edition page which allow him to "connect" his Stripe account with your store.
stripe.com/connect

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 8 months ago #322893

We setup Stripe Connect as you described. We are using the Stripe credentials from our main account, and we connected the vendor's stripe account to that. We processed a vendor's product through, and the amount showed up in our main Stripe account. However, nothing yet appears in the Vendor's account.

1. It looks like we need some Endpoint (web hook) code & associated events to link it to from you, so we can specify a clearer communication connection between our Stripe account and the website - can you please provide this. It seems to be missing, and I have no idea what to set it to in Stripe so it can properly communicate with your Stripe Connect plugin software. (For example, We were given endpoint-webhook code & the events to connect it with for Stripe when we setup our Membership Pro account from joomdonation, and that works well. ) - see screen shot.

2. On the Stripe Connect plugin's Specific Configuration, when we set the Preferred Charge mode to Destination, then we succeeded in processing a transaction, so it completes successfully and appears in our Stripe account. (however the vendor does not get any share of that.)
None of the product information actually came across to Stripe. (With our MembershipPro software from joomdonation, the product information comes across due to the web hook connection.)

3. We are still seeing payment methods in the shopping cart that have nothing to do with the vendor (PayPal and Eway). When a customer checkouts with a vendor product, we should only be seeing Stripe Connect in the checkout cart as a payment method. I have "Show Only Vendor Payments" set to Yes in the General Options page of the HikaMarket setup. (see screenshot.). Please advise.

Thank you for your assistance.

Attachments:

3 years 8 months ago #322928

Hello,

1 - The webhook is not a requirement for Stripe process.
But I suppose that if you do have a webhook configured, it can have some unwanted side effects.
Webhook can be include in a future release but it is not a small development.

2 - The PaymentIntent only accept metadata and some of them can be displayed in the dashboard.
The plugin is using the metadata "order_id" and if you want the display of some information, it requires to fill the "description" with a maximum length of 500 characters.

3 - You need to assign the payment methods which are not related with vendors to your "main vendor".
Payment methods without a vendor assignation could be displayed to every vendors ; except if you enable the setting "show only vendor payments".
But a payment method assigned to the "main vendor" will be displayed only when the products are related to the main vendor.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 10 months ago #342624

Solution captured here is unsatisfactory and contrary to all other payment plug-in options. There should be a Vendor option to restrict the Stripe payment plug-in to specific vendors only to be consistent.

I now have a situation where the Main Vendor is being provided with a vendor specific payment option, and conversely I cannot add an additional Vendor-specific payment method (e.g. Bank Transfer). When I enable for a specific vendor the Stripe option doesn't appear.

Conversely the default "main vendor" option (Paypal in my case), always appears alongside the Stripe payment (intended to be vendor specific) for vendor product category items,

This problematic behaviour only occurs after trying to introduce a vendor specific stripe payment plug-in.

Why isn't this option explicit within the plug-in? That would make it easier to configure and understand the behaviour, which otherwise to me looks at best inconsistent but is now causing unintended consequences which I would catergorize as a gug/undesirable feature.

Whats the workaround?

Thanks for your help, regards.

1 year 10 months ago #342638

Hello,

Thant forum thread is almost 2 years old.
The Stripe V3 (Connect) received updates and improvements since, including a setting "Market - Require all vendors connected".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 10 months ago #342643

Thanks Jerome for your reply.

I only purchased the plug-in yesterday as it is preferred by a vendor. I was expecting to be able to dedicate a single instance for that vendor only as per all the other payment options.

I still don’t understand how to implement the expected behaviour. Notwithstanding the fact I can’t find any documentation describing the configuration option “ Market - Require all vendors connected" - my interpretation of the words is exactly the opposite of what I want I.e. I only want the one specific vendor connected. I’m not intending to enable stripe for all by default. ( so I’ve set this value to “No” for now.

Is there a workaround that would allow me to only show the Stripe option in Shopping Cart ( single vendor mode ) for the specific vendor. I presume this will involve PHP coding - and I still don’t get why this couldn’t be an option within the plug-in settings.

Unless I’m misunderstanding something fundamental?

regards,

1 year 10 months ago #342676

Hello,

So, you want a "Stripe V3" plugin without the "connect" features ?

The "Market - Require all vendors connected" has been added in order to only display the payment method when all vendors in the cart are connected with the Store.
But the plugin stay in the mode where the store does have a Stripe account and the vendor only connect their account to it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds