Product option with multi-vendor

• Thank you received: 28
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business Hikashop Multisite
1 year 4 months ago #347624

Hello,
I am making a multi-seller site, in which I lock the fact that only one seller can be in the cart per order. It's a food sales and delivery site.

I need to create product options, for example, when choosing a burger menu, the size of the drink. I saw how to make the options with the features + product options. It works.

My question is, as I assign to each seller the products, I understood that I have to create different product options per seller. I can't use one option for multiple sellers, since I block having only the products of one seller in the cart, so the product option wont get in the cart.

But concerning the characteristics, if I understand correctly, I can have one characteristic for several product options? This should not be a problem for this operation, since it is the option product that uses the feature that is assigned to the seller and not directly the characteristic, right?

Example:
Single characteristic = Size of the drink (small / medium / large).

Product option for seller A in burger menu : Drink size with price variant assigned to vendor A
Product option for seller B in burger menu : Drink size with price variant assigned to vendor B
Product option for seller C in burger menu : Drink size with price variant assigned to vendor C
Etc

Regards

“Si tu ne travaille pas pour tes rêves, quelqu'un t'embauchera pour travailler pour les siens" - Steeve Jobs
"La sagesse, c’est d’avoir des rêves suffisamment grands pour ne pas les perdre de vue quand on les poursuit." - Oscar Wilde

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 4 months ago #347656

Hello,

Thank you for your message and your need description.

You can authorize the products of the sellers and the main vendor ; so the options will be added into the cart ; but the option won't be considered as a vendor product.
In the current version, each vendor should have its own products for the options.
These are things which can be automatize using the HikaMarket plugin "duplicate products".

If you want to really generalize it and don't let vendor have theirs "specificities" : We should add a new setting in HikaMarket in order to consider product options (without any vendor assignation) as the same vendor than its parent.
Unfortunately, it is not a patch that I'll be able to propose you in a few hours.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

1 year 4 months ago #347665

Hello,

Jerome wrote: You can authorize the products of the sellers and the main vendor ; so the options will be added into the cart ; but the option won't be considered as a vendor product.
Regards,

OK thank you, but how can i do that ?

Jerome wrote: If you want to really generalize it and don't let vendor have theirs "specificities" : We should add a new setting in HikaMarket in order to consider product options (without any vendor assignation) as the same vendor than its parent.
Unfortunately, it is not a patch that I'll be able to propose you in a few hours.
Regards,

I thing it will be a great function, but for my project, in fact, every single vendor will have different prices for they options, even if it is the same type of option.

But as i asked, i can use only one characteristic per multiple vendor right ?

“Si tu ne travaille pas pour tes rêves, quelqu'un t'embauchera pour travailler pour les siens" - Steeve Jobs
"La sagesse, c’est d’avoir des rêves suffisamment grands pour ne pas les perdre de vue quand on les poursuit." - Oscar Wilde

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 4 months ago #347694

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Characteristics and characteristic values are by default available to all vendors.
HikaMarket allows vendors to have their own "values" for characteristics (if you give them the corresponding ACL).

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

1 year 4 months ago #347697

OK, thank you.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds