How do I restrict who can buy from a vendor geographically?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
7 months 3 weeks ago #354853

Hi there,

I am building a global marketplace, but not every vendor will sell globally. Some might only sell in a particular state or province, and others might only sell in their own city.

How do I ensure that buyers can only purchase if they are within that region, and is there any way to use geolocation to only show products that are available to the customer?

Thanks,

Tamara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 months 3 weeks ago #354854

Hello,

That kind of restriction should be made on the product and not the vendor; Except if you let your vendors configure their own shipping methods.

Regarding the HikaShop features, I think that the best would be to use the warehouse sytem ; thanks to that you can have shipping methods which won't authorize some geographical regions.
Otherwise, you can use the different Shipping method restriction and use the category filter.
For more details, don't hesitate to post a new message in the HikaShop section of the forum.

Regarding the "vendor location filter" plugin includes in HikaMarket, that plugin is mostly to filter the product listing depending a postcode provided by the customer (or its main shipping address).
It won't allows to perform or check restrictions on the shipping methods ; it is more a plugin to help regarding local delivery features.

Kind regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds