All titles showing alias text

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #11249

I am very new to Joomla and Hikashop, but so far I am really enjoying it. I was doing some editing of my website today, trying to take some pesky details off the screen that I didn't like. Everything appeared to work fine, but suddenly I saw a message on the back end of my site in Hikashop saying that there was a new language. I only use US - English, so I clicked to not remind me again. Suddenly, when I went back to the front end of my site and played with adding a product to the cart and checking out...everything appears to have alias names (i.e. everything says "HIKA_" before what it used to say. Then when I went back to look at the back end, I noticed the backend of Hikashop (not my entire Joomla page, just Hika), had this same thing (HIKA_CLOSE, HIKA_HELP, etc.) I don't know what I deleted, added or what I changed, but it is driving me crazy and I HATE how it looks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you need any more information, since I'm new to this whole thing I don't know what information I need to be giving to help myself.

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 1 month ago #11251

That will happen if you updated hikashop from an old version without updating the language file (that's why you had that message telling you that there was a new version of your language file). You need to go in the config under the tab languages, edit your translation file and click on the button "load latest version from server" and then click on save. That will put the new version of the translation file and you will have all the new strings translated.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #11312

Thanks. I tried that a few times yesterday, but it wasn't working. I actually just started using Joomla, so I installed 1.6 to start, and i installed hikashop for 1.6 also. Everything appeared as it should at first, but I think I may have altered the text in some way that caused the problem. Updated the file again right now though, and after save...we're back in working order. The odd thing though is after I saved, the "load the latest version from our server" message reappeared at the top of the text box? I don't know what that is about, but since everything looks good again...I'm not touching it!

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds