How to add shipping

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #19011

Hi
I have added several shipping options now, but do not know how to apply them to the products. I have not used weight. Do I have to?
I have
Single LP UK
Single LP Europe
Single LP Rest of world
There are several more.

I then looked at some of my products and it did not give an option to add these. I do not really understand how this works.

Please would you be kind enough to help me with this. I also want to be able to offer discounted postage for multiple LPs.

Many thanks

Sarah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 9 months ago #19029

Shipping methods are handled for the whole order. So yes, you need to set a weight for each product. Then, the sum of the weight of all the products in the cart is made on the checkout and based on the total weight, and the shipping methods weight restrictions, the shipping methods are displayed or not.

12 years 9 months ago #19070

OK, I get it. Thank you.

I added the heading product_weight to my csv file, and then put in the weight 300g on all of my test products. However, I did not get a shipping charge when I tested it, as the weight was to high for any of the shipping options I have.
So, I looked at the product in the hikashop interface and it was showing as 300kg. I am not sure how to rectify this? I want them to be in grams, as that is how I have them on the csv file.

Thanks for your help.

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sarsells.

12 years 9 months ago #19073

There is a column product_weight_unit that you should use in your CSV for the "g". You can't put it in the product_weight column. It will be discarded and the default unit of your store will be used (kg).

12 years 9 months ago #19259

The shop is coming along well.

I have a couple more queries.

I have set the postage rates for different weights within the UK
Now I want to set up postage to Europe. I thought this would be done via the zone button. However, this only seems to allow me to add one country? How can I make a zone for Europe? And another for the rest of the world?

Please can you also tell me, if once an item is bought, it will be displayed as out of stock (assuming only one unit is added in the first place)

Thanks for your support.

Sarah

12 years 9 months ago #19276

There is already a zone for Europe. You can manage the zones via the menu System->Zones. There, you can create new zones and set its sub zones. For example, a zone "rest of the world" with all the countries except the European countries as sub zones.

Yes, the quantity is updated automatically and the product will be out of stock once the quantity reaches 0.

12 years 9 months ago #19286

Sorry, I found a solution and have deleted the content of this post.

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sarsells.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds