Site members as sellers?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #1972

Hi,

I wonder if you thought about possibility to allow users (members) to sell they stuff on HikaShop. I know that guys from dioscouri with their "Tienda" works on this.

There also exist some integrations for JomSocial and VirtueMart where JomSocial members can sell on VM you can see the integration here:

www.nordmograph.com/en/downloads/details...e-for-jomsocial.html

Since I love your HS simplicity and aproach I would like to see something which will allow my community members sells they stuff
on my Store.

Again, thank you for all your effort in developing this shopping cart ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 4 months ago #1977

It's already in the todo list as someone else already asked a vendor capability. No date for such dev yet as we already have a lot of stuff to do before getting into that.

13 years 4 months ago #1978

Awesome :))))))) Waiting for that!!!!

13 years 3 months ago #2959

I will vote for this (if I have a vote). This would perhaps solve challenges in my business model. I am selling a product that needs to be installed. This capability would allow installers to sign up as service providers for my company then customers can choose one.

13 years 3 months ago #2970

That is really a long term option we will add. It takes a lot of time to add such feature and most of the users don't need it so it's not at the top of the priorities for us. But your vote is taken into account :)

13 years 3 months ago #3247

Hi

I really need a multi vendor card as well. I hope you reconsider and make this a priority even if you charge more for the product. I need a cart that works with JomSocial or at the minimum just joomla.

Thank you,

13 years 3 months ago #3248

Hi,

It is still in the todo list. We are currently working on ACL support in HikaShop. That will be a first step towards a multi vendor feature.

13 years 3 months ago #3249

Thank you. I look forward to it.

12 years 5 months ago #27159

I use jomsocial and hikashop. I need option to choose the author of the product and when the product is selling author to receive statistics in Jomsocial for sales of its products.

12 years 5 months ago #27165

There is no such option at the moment in HikaShop. Thank you for your input. It will be taken into account for the future of HikaShop.

12 years 5 months ago #27167

How much will it cost us to make it special for us and is it possible to do?

12 years 5 months ago #27171

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources at the moment to accept more custom works. It is of course possible to do it. There would be a joomsocial plugin to create in order to display the stats and some modification of the file "form" of the view "product" of the backend to add the vendor (author) selection for each products.
You might want to try to find someone on joomlancers.com for that custom work.

12 years 4 months ago #31168

I'll add my vote to that too! :)

12 years 4 months ago #31186

We started to work on a multi vendor feature. It'll take months before there is something available but it's on the road :)

12 years 4 months ago #31191

WOO HOO! That is exciting news :)

I've actually spent the last couple of days researching multi vendor carts and I must say, there ain't much to choose from. XCart looks the most promising because it has all the shipping and payment modules you need. The downside so far is I can't figure out how to install it!

Are we talking 3 months, 6 months, 12 months time? No pressure! haha

Another request that is related to the multi cart would be paid support, or a support subscription. I wouldn't mind paying a monthly subscription, or support bundles. When you are dealing with other peoples products, you need to have all bases covered and make sure things run smoothly. Its ok if you break your own site, but when you stuff something up and it involves other peoples stores, it doesn't look so good.

Other cool stuff I saw on other carts:

- auction function
- affilates function
- accounting integration like quickbooks
- video and multimedia previews of products
- image carousels

Not asking for much am I!? ;)

Will send you some links with what I have found so far :)

12 years 4 months ago #31219

I hope that we can have something in 3 months but it will probably take more. I think it's better to wait and have a complete solution before releasing something which is only half baked and have to deal with the support and the rest of the dev at the same time.

We can always arrange a specific support contract with you if you want. Just use our contact form to give us your requirements (phone support/penalties/max response time, etc) and we'll see what we can do.

We don't plan on having an auction system for now in HikaShop.

There is already an affiliate feature in the Business edition as well as a carousel feature:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=103&lang=en
For an integration with quickbooks, I believe that you can already export your sales in HikaShop, modify a bit the header and import it in quickbooks but there is no automatic integration.
For videos in products, you can already do that by adding them in the product description using joomla content plugins like this one: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multime...layers-a-gallery/812

12 years 3 months ago #31270

Awesome, sounds great :)

Will muck around with the other carts til then, and yes, better to get it right the first time.

If you need help testing let me know as this is my new project.

A couple of other things I have come across are:

- Installing the other carts is difficult/takes time
- you need to mess around with css - either know how to code yourself, or pay a fair bit to get someone to customise the shop to match your template. XCart doesn't integrate with other templates out of the box like HS does

• Thank you received: 49
12 years 3 months ago #32731

Im too search some shop on joomla with possible when users can sell via HikaShop and hope you soon release that
PS. installed HS few hours ago but i like it:)

сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056

• Hikashop Business
11 years 10 months ago #48971

Hello Nicolas,

can you please update us on the hikashop multivendor? Do you have any time estimate on how long can this still take?

Thank you,
Lenka

• Thank you received: 49
11 years 10 months ago #48977

yep still waiting too that function if probably release like a shop maybe easy will be released like adsboard?

сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds