image on product page

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #24073

Hi nicolas

With regard to my site at
new.allyoucanbear.com

I am trying to change the look of my product page.
I have followed instructions on this thread www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...-image-settings.html
I now have a huge image on my product page. It is too big.
I have gone to my hikashop settings, and changed the image width to 480, but mine is still showing as wider.
Does this mean that I will need to edit all of my images to a max width of 480px?

In addition, If you put the mouse over the thumbnails below, the page reverts back to smaller images. I changed the code in two places on the file, so I am not sure what I have done wrong?

I will also need to change the position of my add to cart button. At present this is situated on the right of the page, but I will need to move it to the bottom section. Please can you tell me what I need to edit (exactly as I am not able to write php) to do this.

It had occurred to me that it might be good to have a carousel to display the images of a particular product, but it looks like they are for displaying different products as opposed to different images of one product?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 8 months ago #24092

When you change the image width and height in the config, it only applies to NEW images. So you will have to reupload the images of your existing products if you want them to be resized following your new settings.

The modification proposed in the other thread only works fine for one image per product. You would have to add the code below at the beginning of the file if you also want it to work with several images:
$this->image->no_size_override=true;

For the add to cart button, you need to move the div hikashop_product_quantity_main and its content inside the div hikashop_product_bottom_part for what you want to do.

Yes, the carousel function we added in HikaShop is to display categories, manufacturers and products.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #24119

Thank you. I now have my product page looking almost how I want it.
There are a few more things though, if you do not mind.
Firstly, I moved
div hikashop_product_quantity_main and its content inside the div hikashop_product_bottom_part
This moved the add to card and quantity, but not the price. I looked at the php file and really could not tell what I would have to move to achieve this. I would really like it to sit along side the description, so it would be a right part to the bottom section.

Secondly, I do not really need to open the images now. I like the way they just swap the main image on mouse over. Can I disable the function to open the image?

Lastly, I have added some related products on a couple of my items, so they should display under the description, and they are not there. I have looked and looked and tried to see what I have set incorrectly, but I just cannot see it.

Thank once again

Sarah

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 8 months ago #24135

For the price it's the tag with the id hikashop_product_price_main that you need to move.

There is no option to disable the links on the images. You can do it with an image display override but that require some coding knowledge:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#override

For the related products, did you configure a related products module at the bottom of your product pages, as explained in the documentation below ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#related

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds