general questions before using hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #25944

Hello HikaShop-Team,

on my search to substitute my virtuemart shopping system with a new one I stumbled upon your component.
Because of it´s a hard work to set up an new shop I have several questions about some key features:
Can hikashop handle the following features:

1) bulk upload product-pics

2) restrict payment method of foreign customers to "pay in advance" only

3) restrict payment method of SOME products to "cash on delivery"

Can anyone give me information if these features are okay with hikashop?

Regards Stephan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 6 months ago #25959

Hi,

First, there is a migration tool from VirtueMart in HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...port.html#virtuemart

1. You can create products automatically from the images in a folder with the import:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html

2. You can restrict payment methods to zones and they will only be available based on the address entered by the user, so yes. There is no "pay in advance" payment method but you can use the bank transfer plugin and rename it and change its translations for that easily.

3. There is not direct option for that, but it should be possible to achieve it indirectly. You could have two shipping methods. One for products with a weight, and one for products without. Then, set the payment plugins to be displayed or not based on the shipping methods selected. That way, based on the products in the cart it would display one shipping method or the other (you can easily hide it with css if you don't want to display it) based on the products in the cart, which will in turn display or not your payment method.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #26045

Thank you for your answer

to 3.
okay I understand, but will this setting be overruled by the "MUST" payment method for foreign customers "pay in advance"???

tricky stuff

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 6 months ago #26053

You will also be able to have a zone restriction on the cash on delivery method so that it only displays for nationals.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds