HikaShop Showcase, Sub-Categories?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #3273

Hello,
I've been looking for a good e-commerce solution for my clients. For whatever reason, VirtueMart just doesn't work well for me. I started looking at HikaShop, and I like what I see so far!

Before I purchase, I have a couple of questions:
1. Do you have a showcase of sites using your extension? That would really help in seeing how good HikaShop is.

2. How does it look when creating sub-choices for items? For example, let's say customers are purchasing sneakers. I need them to be able to select Swooshy Sneakers, but under that I need them to also be able to then select "Size" and "Color" from two different pull-downs.

I looked at the demos on this site, but didn't see any that showed examples of this. Maybe a customer here has this kind of thing implemented? If so, please provide a link to your site!

From what I can tell, HikaShop is doing a great job. I hope to become a customer soon!

Thanks,
Matthew

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by MatthewSchenker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 3 months ago #3274

Hi Matthew,

1. We don't have yet a showcase of websites using HikaShop.

2. That is totally possible. There is actually one product on the demo website which has such option:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ayout=show&Itemid=57
To do that, you need to create a characteristic (menu Products->Characteristics) with the possible values. Then, in your product, attach that characteristic to the product and you're done. That will generate automatically variants that you can personnalize further if you need to handle stocks and/or have different prices, name, description, images, etc for each variant

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 3 months ago #3275

nicolas,
Thank you very much for such a quick response. You're already making a terrific impression!

Sorry I missed that example in the demo area. But now I see that it is possible to do this. I hadn't thought of "characteristics," but now that I see the control panel the idea makes sense.

I think a showcase would be a great thing for you! It would allow you to let everyone see all the ways your product is being used. All it would take is creating a board on your forum for members to post. Just a suggestion!

Anyway, thank you again for your excellent help. I'm going to get HikaShop loaded up on my next site.

Matthew

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 3 months ago #3276

Hi,

Thank you for your input. We were thinking about something to be able to list the websites, vote for them, have each user posts his website... Something more complex that just a thread on the forum, which is why we don't have it yet as it would require us quite some time to make it right.

13 years 3 months ago #3277

nicolas,
Of course, I understand!

I'm glad I discovered HikaShop and look forward to diving in and using it.

Matthew

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds