Responsive Hikashop

• Thank you received: 4006
10 years 11 months ago #108860

Hi,

HikaShop has now an option in order to activate or deactivate the "bootstrap design".
It works with Joomla 3.x, 2.5 and 1.5 ; but it needs a bootstrap template.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #114070

Thank you Jerome. For others, under System -> Configuration -> Display -> General display options, there is an option to "use bootstrap Design" Yes/No.

These HikaShop guys are fab. I have been using Virtuemart for years, then when Joomla upgraded to 3 and Virtuemart stopped working in Joomla 3, a colleague recommended HikaShop. Just great.

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by WillGets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #118575

viocassel wrote: Hi, eyescream!

It's a long story, it's easier to show. Well, if there is a little patience, I'll post later you a responsive template yoo_master (Warp6) for HikaShop. As well as working on integration with Widgetkit .
A little patience. ;)

p.s. Sorry for bad english :)

Hello,
did you post that? It could be VERY useful...

Francesco Garganese
Aeromnia Srl
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by fgarganese. Reason: insert quote

• Thank you received: 92
10 years 9 months ago #118600

bootstrap or other CSS responsive framework ll not help you if you don't understand when breakpoint must occur .
Hikashop is a library of GUI widget for the Frontend . The layout web page could be responsive but what about the html/Css code
generate by hikashop extension ( external css file that could be change using media query and but internal css file you can't change !!!). See the new hikashop main page there is 38 breakpoint !!!!!

I don't know if it is a good number or not and when they occur but i hope all those breakpoint are documented .
the first time i see the new layout i test and see that even in my desktop screen the desktop layout go to mobile for little width change : see the capture screen rulers on firefox browser .

Responsive web design is not a single piece of technology, but rather, a collection of techniques and ideas ( ethan marcotte)
Responsive is not only Média query ( for screen) but also when design break (breakpoint )
Responsive has also some problem : search in this way to google ..... ( rounding errors)

By using Responsive You ll have to compute ( math) a lot so go to less compass !!

regard's

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by lionel75.

• 3sp3ranc!3
9 years 9 months ago #166162

Greetings,
I am confused by this information. Am I right in understanding that there will be an update for Hikashop for Joomla 2.5 that will enable responsiveness? I just swapped shopping carts on my client's 2.5 site, replacing an old one with Hikashop. I like the function of Hikashop much better but the responsiveness is worse.

9 years 9 months ago #166165

Hi,

Am I right in understanding that there will be an update for Hikashop for Joomla 2.5 that will enable responsiveness?

Sorry, no.
HikaShop is compatible with Bootstrap design, if your template is bootstrap compatible, you can activate the bootstrap design in your HikaShop configuration.
It is not change for that since the introduction of the feature in HikaShop 2.x

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 9 months ago #166195

Hi
We speak about FrontEnd website not backEnd website . If the template ( for any joomla version ) has link to booststrap library, hikashop should be use.
The main problem ll be that some joomla extension like menu ll not implement in joomla with boostrap in mind for some version of joomla ( 1.x 2.x ) . The trick is to find understand howto use some menu extension that generate bootstrap HTML -markup/CSS selector ( see capture screen) .

The second problem is that bootstrap version number change many time in a years and joomla number version also change many time s other ll be delay before an official bootstrap vrsion ll be supported .

The last problem is that a few joomla framework ( template base on this joomla Framework ) give information about the version they use for bootstrap ( or the information is hard to find because need to know on which joomla version it ll work ) .

bootstrap 3 is "think mobile first" and then design for bigger screen size to end with desktop or high end Screen HD TV /tablet hdpi .
bootstrap design must be think has copy paste so find a website with bootstrap to have your base code and customize it .

After study many CSS framework and mediaqueries concept it is not difficult for a people who master thoses technologies .
"i don't test myself but it seem that "
You ll have to use a lot of mathematic ( painfull) or use preprocessor ( the way to go ) .
less ( process in client side not php ) is javascript and let you write custom js function easier than compass
compas has a strange way too manage /initiate / convert type value and type variable ( in the programming way )
many CSS framework concept in bootstrap are "come " from other new recent CSS framework (why not if it make sense..who care )

@3sp3ranc!3
have you got a demo page to test make my review/test about HKS "responsiveness is worse"

regard's

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #166297

Hi

I am using hikashop for my website, called: hazimokus.hu/
(The website is in hungarian language, but you dont need to understand the content to see the responsive effect :) )
I use YooTheme template, which is responsive, and Hikashop works with it very well. Hikashop can be used on mobile and tablet as well, so I am satisfied with it. Thanks for Hika.
cheers

9 years 9 months ago #166336

Hi
You design and logo are very nice . If you go slow you ll se there is a problem already speak here .
It 's occur for the logo ( go bottom outside it area with a slide effect ) and the menu ( go bottom ) .

regard's

• Thank you received: 3
8 years 4 months ago #224408

There is a setting in the configuration for responsive design. Which version is it compatible with? Version 2 or Version 3.

8 years 4 months ago #224410

Hi,

The setting "bootstrap design" is explained with details in our documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#display_general

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds