Is there any Sample Data (shop) available ?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #51748

Using essential installation and really would prefer to have a sample shop like VM supplies to get a feel for the way hikashop does things, rather than setup from scratch, I'm a visual learner.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
11 years 10 months ago #51876

Hi,

There is no sample data for the Essential edition. You can however use our demo website in order to get familiar with HikaShop.
We can give a dump (SQL+files) of our own demo website but only if you have the Business edition since that's the one which is installed there. If interested, please use our contact form to request it with your order number.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #51888

Hi Nicolas
So in effect your offer is really just an upsell to a product upgrade, which isn't necessary functionality wise for my purposes, but needed only to
obtain an sql dump as sample data; which in most other 'professional' carts are included with the purchase.

I'll try to be diplomatic here and refrain from saying too much negative about you or the company, but just it's really dissapointing and leads me to believe purchasing Hikashop based on recommendations was flawed and unwise, so much for wanting to give Hikashop a chance at becoming a replacement for VirtueMart for all my design work. Nevermind we learn from these experiences as will others who ask for my recommendations.

Shannon.

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by stu@traintoproclaim.com.

• Thank you received: 13064
11 years 10 months ago #51890

If it's only a SQL dump, we can provide it. In fact if you look a bit around, we already have provided it on the forum:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...554-sample-data.html
But as you can see in the thread, the SQL dump won't give you the images and you might need to change the tables prefix if they don't match yours. So it's not user friendly...
Note that this is an old dump of the demo website SQL so it won't wokr with newer versions of HikaShop. if you want a new one, please request it via our contact form.
I proposed the full dump of the SQL+files of the demo website to help you, not to upsell you. If you don't plan on buying the business edition, and don't want to mess with the import of the SQL without the files, you can consider that the answer is no, there is no sample data.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds