Re: system cache and hikashop

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 9 months ago #54736

hi,
is it true that you better not use system cache with Hikashop? From the forum I get different info.
When I turn on system cache in Joomla 2.5 I have problems with the checkout: the cart shows products not ordered by me or orders I deleted earlier. When I turn off system cache it works allright and the products appear that I order. Is this a known issue?
thank you,
Damiaan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13061
11 years 9 months ago #54775

Hi,

Yes, that's true. And that's normal. The cache system of joomla is not designed to handle that. It's in no way a bug in HikaShop.

If you want to have caching on your website, you will have to user another caching system, like this one for example:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...formance/cache/13155

• Thank you received: 5
2 years 7 months ago #335419

Hi, is this still the case with the latest version of Hikashop as turning the Joomla cache off is causing a site performance issue?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13061
2 years 7 months ago #335426

Hi,

Since then, we did some modifications in HikaShop to clear the cache of Joomla when a product is added to the cart or when the cart is modified.
So HikaShop can work with Joomla's caching. However, if the cache is too aggressive, it's possible that you notice issues. For example, if you cache the modules, then the cart module might not be called by Joomla to redisplay itself and thus it will display information which doesn't correspond to what HikaShop has stored in the database.
So I would recommend to configure caching incrementally and test with several browsers that the cart displays the correct information for different browsers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: serbofleconcepts

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds