How does Hikashop work for mobile phones?

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #60615

i guess it will be this week then :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #67629

I'm new to Hikashop and very interested in the Mobile Phone option.

Has any progress been made in regards to this?

Thanks

11 years 7 months ago #67630

y, this is what i am waiting as well, ....this is a must, because android tablets these days are almost in every household

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #67640

We're currently working on Joomla 3.0 compatibility. Joomla 3.0 will include bootstrap and we'll work on integrating closely with it to have a better display on mobile devices before the end of the year.

• Thank you received: 21
11 years 7 months ago #67687

I've just finished a site www.cedarwindowsonline.com.au which has a responsive template and Hikashop works very well on android phones with this. The only issue is related to image sizes which results in a very minor alignment problem.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

11 years 6 months ago #68112

If you could provide some quick work around for the product display boxes which are currently set to scale to 32% of the screen size, perhaps a set pixel width that would work for the iPhone that would be great. I really need a solution and have invested in your product and am trying to use it with a dynamic template.

Maybe offer an option to make product boxes the width of the iphone screen.

I need your help please.

Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by ottoman.

11 years 6 months ago #68361

You can try to add such CSS in your CSS to have one product per line automatically with screens below 640px:
@media only screen and (max-width: 640px) {
.hikashop_products .hikashop_product{ width: 100% !important; }
}

But I can't guarantee that it will work.
For next version, we'll have a much more complex system using bootstrap functions on Joomla 3.0 to properly handle the resizing of the element areas.

11 years 3 months ago #87363

it has been quite a while ......any latest news regarding this subject?

11 years 3 months ago #87364

My experience has been that Verson 2.0 combined with a good responsive template (try any of the Bootstrap based templates from www.joostrap.com for example) works well on mobiles.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 3 months ago #87429

Indeed the last version of Hikashop now use Bootstrap and is responsive on the back and front end!

11 years 2 months ago #90264

Sorry I'm trying the last bussiness version 2.1.0, but it doesn't. Should I configure some things?

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #90265

Hi,

"Bootstrap" is integrated directly in Joomla 3.0
If you use Joomla 2.5, you have to use a responsive template which use bootstrap and activate the option "use bootstrap design" in the HikaShop configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #90266

what if i use responsive template which doesn't use bootstrap?

11 years 2 months ago #90392

Hi,

So HikaShop would not be compatible with and you would have to modify your HikaShop views in order to use the CSS classes for your responsive template.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 2 months ago #90432

to bad, because we non-programmers are in the same situation again, nothing new for us, considering vast majority will still continue to use joomla2.5

11 years 2 months ago #90435

Hi,

There is some bootstrap templates for Joomla 2.5 too.
But Joomla 3.0 decided to use bootstrap for the responsive so we are compatible we it.

We can't be compatible with all, it's just impossible.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 2 months ago #90440

for now you should only be compatible with joomla2.5 as a priority, since joomla3.0 isn't recommended for production, this is not said by me, rather by joomla.org them self, as they stated they don't recommend joomla3.0, but you force it.....i see this a big minus for hikashop

11 years 2 months ago #90694

You're right, we should be compatible with Joomla 2.5 as a priority... and we are. We don't force you to use Joomla 3.0 at all. Most of our users are doing websites with HikaShop on Joomla 2.5.
We even allow you to use responsive design on Joomla 2.5 if your template uses Bootstrap, and most responsive templates for 2.5 actually do use Bootstrap !
So I don't see where the minus is for HikaShop ? The minus is rather for your template because everyone (extension developers) is working on being compatible with Bootstrap for responsive design so they will have the same issue with most of the other extensions which need to be responsive.

11 years 2 months ago #90723

from my point of view, the minus is conditional usage of responsive feature only if bootstrap is present, not everyone uses bootstrap, .....however regarding responsive behavior, hikashop should have independent css code for responsive behavior, because after all, "responsive" it is only behavior that reacts on user resolution......

my two cents

11 years 2 months ago #90759

The issue of compatibility here is really about what the template can do. Joomla 2.5 itself is not responsive. There are various template developers who have developed responsive (many are actually only "semi" responsive) templates, some using Bootstrap and some using their own framework. It is unreasonable to expect Hikashop developers to try to be compatible with every new framework that pops up as these are effectively forks from the Joomla path. Given that Joomla has adopted Bootstrap as the future path and Joomla 3.5 production version is only months away it is really up to template developers to make their templates compatible with that path.

An ecommerce extension like Hikashop is a massive project in its own right. I have used another ecommerce extension (Tienda) that tried to be everything to everyone only to bog the project down with excessive and buggy code. That project has now collapsed and left website developers like me many thousands of dollars out of pocket, having to redevelop all of our clients sites. I for one an very happy that Hikashop is focusing on core Joomla compatibility.

Having recently had the misfortune to inherit a Virtuemart website project I can attest that Hikashop is without doubt the best ecommerce solution for Joomla bar none and more and more template developers will be developing specifically for Hikashop compatibility, which is the way it should be, not the other way around.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds