How does Hikashop work for mobile phones?

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 2 months ago #90990

Joomla itself is not responsive, and that is great.... because it doesn't have to be responsive, but it can be made to be responsive with templates.

Even some of template clubs still use joomla1.5 as their main webpage but with responsive features, not bootstrap......twitter can change their class names as they wish and they have done so in the past, then it will be mess...but twitter is not the subject here.

I am a customer. As such i am not satisfied with limited "responsive" feature in hikasop, beacuse, obviously, it is limited to be used with bootstrap template only.
I feel neglected because i am not able to use responsive feature/option of hikashop on existing webshop which uses joomla2.5 responsive template.

Responsive feature should be universal, and not limited to template type, so all serious paying customers can be pleased.

BTW: Tienda has great potential, but development is not near production ready, and only God knows when it will be, if it will be...you cant be serious if you tried to use it in production enviroment for ecommerce.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 2 months ago #91009

We cannot technically be responsive with all the responsive frameworks out there. If the template doesn't want to do it the joomla way, it should be the role of the template to provide the necessary view overrides for HikaShop and every other extension it wants to support to be responsive with his framework.

Let me remember you the goal of the use of bootstrap in Joomla 3.0 as stated by joomla developers themselves : so that the template designers don't have to provide view overrides for every extensions out there to match the styles/framework of the template, and so that the developers of extensions don't have to develop for each and every framework out there.
We've done our end of the deal in HikaShop (and it took us a LOT of work to achieve it).

I understand your position, but I don't agree with it and you don't seem to understand our position so our debate won't move forward. There is no point in continuing to argue further on the issue.

• Thank you received: 92
10 years 10 months ago #107681

joomla 3 ll be responsive . If i use joomla 3 does hikashop/hikaserial ll be responsive ?

since joomla 3 use jquery which javascript framework use hikashop ? ( if there one ?)

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 13071
10 years 10 months ago #107700

HikaShop will be responsive as long as the template loads the jquery/bootstrap libraries of Joomla 3 for responsiveness. If it uses another library and doesn't load the necessary javascript library, you won't be able to activate the responsive feature of HikaShop as it won't display properly.
So when choosing a template for Joomla 3, you should make sure that it uses bootstrap (most should).

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds