Re: HikaShop for Wordpress

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #62026

Are there any plans to release a Wordpress-compatible HikaShop edition? I use both Joomla and Wordpress depending on what I'm trying to accomplish, and love them both. I think a Wordpress edition would be very popular.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
11 years 7 months ago #62027

There are no plans for that.
HikaShop has been built for and with Joomla.
It would require a complete rewrite to handle WordPress.

8 years 5 months ago #220929

So, are you saying that HikaShop isn't compatible with Word Press at all? I bought the component for my old web site, but now I would like to use this into my new web site created with Word Press. What can I do?
Thanks

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 5 months ago #220936

ECRA wrote: So, are you saying that HikaShop isn't compatible with Word Press at all?

Correct. Joomla and Wordpress are two very different worlds, and you cannot use Joomla extensions in Wordpress, or vice versa.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: ECRA

8 years 5 months ago #220938

is possible to convert a wordpress site in Joomla?

8 years 5 months ago #220942

ECRA wrote: is possible to convert a wordpress site in Joomla?

AFAIK, there's no "automatic conversion", but building a Joomla site to make it look and work just like a Wordpress site is well possible, of course.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

8 years 5 months ago #220947

but if I convert my website in Joomla, is possible to use the HikaShop component? Or not?

8 years 5 months ago #220951

ECRA wrote: but if I convert my website in Joomla, is possible to use the HikaShop component? Or not?

HikaShop does work with Joomla. So, yes, as soon as you have a Joomla site, you can use HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ECRA

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 5 months ago #220935

Hello,
Hikashop is a Joomla component, as Nicolas said "It would require a complete rewrite to handle WordPress" that hasn't been done for the moment.
The only solution will be to migrate your website to Joomla.

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 11 months ago #318527

Another option is to add a Joomla instance to your domain...just be sure to put it in a DIFFERENT folder from you Wordpress site. So install Joomla, and where it asks for the folder name, put something on there like /products.

Install hikashop on that Joomla site, create your shop and get a link to that shop. Then all you have to do add that link to your Wordpress menu, and call it Products or whatever. When people click on that link, it will take them to https:// yourwebsitename.com/products and they can order from there.

Easy peasy and Bob’s your uncle! Good luck!

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Orlisgal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Thank you received: 4
1 year 11 months ago #341243

hi

Given that a large part of the market is now owned by WordPress, I think you have buried your valuable plugin in Joomla.
This is while the famous Joomla plugins have been launching their WordPress version for several years now.
Plugins such as:
www.akeeba.com/products/akeeba-backup-wordpress.html
www.rsjoomla.com/wordpress-plugins/wordp...security-plugin.html

Why not compete with WooCommerce with your powerful product and let great plugins like Elementor support it for visual design?

• Thank you received: 13063
1 year 11 months ago #341253

Hi,

It's true that WordPress has overtaken Joomla and that our extensions would have more exposure on WordPress.
However, as you mentioned, WordPress already has WooCommerce which is quite nice already.
Also, the biggest issue is that HikaShop has been made for Joomla. It can't easily be ported for WordPress.
Akeeba's developers have made a special abstraction layer between their extension and Joomla, years before they could then make them available for WordPress.
And even so, they have way less interfaces and integrations than HikaShop has with other things.
There is a good reason why no other Joomla ecommerce has ever been ported to WordPress: The amount of work is huge because of the amount of interfaces, plugins, modules, etc.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds