Bug found with geolocation plugin and possibly Gantry 5

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #282266

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2

Just wanted to report a bug that Rockettheme found. Geolocation plugin is overriding the outline used to Default somehow regardless of what outline you have selected.

Thread: www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-templat...d-in?start=0#1367927

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 5 months ago #282271

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean and the link you gave require a user account which we don't have so we can't look at it.
Could you provide more information please ?

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #282307

Gantry 5 particles were not displaying on the Home Outline unless the user was logged in. Disabling geolocation plugin fixed the problem. Here's Rockettheme's response:

The page was showing using the "default" outline rather than the "home" outline which is assigned to the "home" default menu item. So the incorrect outline was being used. As documented here docs.gantry.org/gantry5/troubleshooting/assignment-issues when this happens it is always a badly written plugin causing this and you have to spend time finding the culprit. I have done this for you and the culprit is a plugin called "Hikashop geolocation plugin" - once I disabled that then everything works as it should. You need to report this to Hikashop.

I've left your site online and with that plugin disabled so you can see for yourself.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #282332

when this happens it is always a badly written plugin causing this

:lol: :woohoo:

Well, thanks for the "bug" report.
Too bad rockettheme didn't provide any precise information as to what is bad with the plugin...
The plugin works fine with all the other templates so hard to see what we should change.
We don't even know how their outline system works. We could say the same and that the problem must come from how they wrote their outline system...
We'll be happy to look into the issue if they can provide more precise information.

But all that "badly written" plugin is doing is to determine the user location and put a "zone id" and a "currency id" in the user session. It do not interact with other elements so...

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 5 months ago #282415

Hi,

We were able to reproduce a bug which looks similar to what you're describing on our end.
Our conclusion is this:
Something changed with Joomla 3.7 which creates an issue when you ask joomla for the current template when the routing of the SEF URL hasn't been done yet.
Apparently, this is linked to the new routing system added in Joomla.
We've added on our end for the next version of HikaShop some check to not ask Joomla the current template when the routing hasn't been done yet.
Also, in the geolocation plugin, there is an option "after initialize". If you change it, it should still work fine even without the patch we'll add in the next version.
So I would recommend to try that, and supposing that it is the same bug, it will fix the problem.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds