Cookies list

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 6 months ago #298387

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8

Hi,
can i have a precise list of cookies hikashop (Business) uses, with the name, value and purpose?

I have looked over the forum and found contradictory information (either only a cookie for the afilliate program, or that there is also one for the add to cart button)
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #298394

Hi,

HikaShop only has a cookie for the affiliate program if you use the affiliate program and only for the people who arrive on your website from a partner website and which used an affiliate URL.
There is no cookie for the add to cart button or the cart. However, the add to cart and cart systems require the Joomla user session to be working and the Joomla user sessions mechanism requires a cookie to store the session id in order to keep the user session open from one page to the other. But that's not something HikaShop does, that's something Joomla does.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline, rfonta

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #317977

Hello,

I also need a list of the Hika shop cookies AND what they are used for to make my site GDPR Compliant. (They need to be mentioned in the Cookie policy)

When I do a check, I see following Hikashop Cookies. (Hikashop business)

hikashop_switcher_cookie
hikashop_cart_id
hikashop_cart_session_id

What are they used for?
thanky you

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 11 months ago #317999

Hi,

The switcher cookie is only added if you have the grid/table switcher enabled in your products listings.
It allows HikaShop to remember what layout the user prefers for your products listings so that he doesn't have to switch manually all the time.
The cart cookies there are only added so that the cart won't be lost once the user session expires when the user is not logged it.
So for example, if you have a user session lifetime of 15 minutes, if the user doesn't display a page of your website in 15 minutes, his cart would be lost. This cookie prevents that.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #318369

thank you so much for the explication ;-)

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds