One db of products with multiple domains

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 3 weeks ago #304335

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.3

I would like to know what I would need to do (possibly a compatible extension?) that can help me achieve something. I have a growing website and would like to split the products up to three different website but maintain it all with one database.

Primary website with database containing all products ( www.siteA.com ):
- Product Listing A only displays on website A ( www.siteA.com )
- Product Listing B only displays on website B ( www.siteB.com )
- Product Listing C only displays on website C ( www.siteC.com )

What is the easiest way to make this possible? Is JMS able to do this or is there an easier/alternative method that I should look into?

Thanks. Just trying to keep using Hikashop and not have to seek an alternative e-commerce platform.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 3 weeks ago #304371

Hi,

If you split your products in different category trees, and then set the different main categories as main category of the menu item allowing the customer to access the shop, and then use a Joomla extension to hide/display menu items based on the current domain name, you should be able to achieve it within the same website. For example, this extension should allow you to do that:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/chameleon/

Otherwise, JMS should also be a solution here where you would manager your shop through the master website and have one slave website for each domain name.

However, for both solutions, I would recommend to inquire the developer of the extension about your situation as I'm not a user of these extensions and just know things from looking and reading around. They will be able to talking about the capabilities of their extensions much better than me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds