jquery not working on some forms

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #321044

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 83.0.4103.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hello
using Joomla 3.9.19 and Hikashop Starter 4.3.0

I need to add pieces of jquery to address forms (e.g. in order to change background-color of firstname inputbox when focused), but sometimes - e.g.when openining the form via Usercontrol panel - it seems not to be possible, nothing happens.
Does it depend on something concerning ajax? Is there a way to bypass the problem?
Thank you very much
Ruggero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 10 months ago #321081

Hi,

That's probably because if you add your javascript code to the form view file it is not being processed when the interface is being loaded in AJAX. I suppose because you have your code wrapped in jquery.ready ( learn.jquery.com/using-jquery-core/document-ready/ ) which isn't called when the JS is run after the AJAX.
If you edit the file address / listing.php via the menu Display>Views, you'll see many times the line:

t.loading(false);
In each places, you can call your own code after the interface is being refreshed in AJAX.

3 years 10 months ago #321103

Thank you for your prompt reply, Nicolas.
I took a look to listing.php and sow, but sorry I'm not so handy with ajax: would you give me a little example? Something like a js alert when clicking on firstname textbox or something similar?
Thanks so much

3 years 10 months ago #321104

I mean also: where have I to put the code?

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 10 months ago #321135

Hi,

Just put alert('test1'); and alert('test 2'); etc after each t.loading(false); and you'll see see where you need to add your javascript code based on which alert is displayed when you're on the area with the issue you have.

3 years 10 months ago #321167

Got it! Thank you Nicolas, I'm very grateful.
ruggero

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds