Missing Orders

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
3 years 6 months ago #324363

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21

Hi there,

My client has reported this 'bug' to me which is somewhat baffling and I have never experienced before:

They received notification of new orders being created, the payment processed and received however, the orders DO NOT appear in the Hikashop admin and the order numbers were skipped. This happened 3 times, once on 24th September and twice on 27th. One payment was via Worldpay and the others were via Paypal.

I cannot think of any way that this can have happened - how can the system have generated emails, order numbers and sent the user to process the payment but not show these orders in the back end?

The only explanation I can think of is that somehow the site was rolled back to a previous backup, before the orders existed - I didn't do it, and neither did the client so that only points to the host Siteground... but for this to happen on two different dates without any warning sounds implausable.

Has anyone ever experienced this or something similar and have any idea about what might have happened. I would like to have some explanation for my client who is understandably nervous that this could happen again and that orders may be missed completely.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Leila Hodgkins

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 6 months ago #324368

Hi,

First, I would recommend you to check the hikashop_order table via your PHPMyAdmin.
The orders might still be there but with a different "order_type", leading to them not appearing on the orders listing.
Only orders with the type "sale" will appear there (and all of them should be of that type normally).
If the orders are missing from hikashop_order, it means they have been deleted at some point.
This can be done manually, or via a mass action. So check if you have any mass action configured in the System>Mass actions menu.
It could also be done by third party extensions, especially custom-made ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds