General question on downloads and cooling off periods

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 weeks ago #331172

Hi,

This is something I've not been asked before, but get the sense it might become more common in the future.

I have had a customer ask me about being able to add a custom checkbox field for download products that says something like:

"By downloading this product I agree to waive my right to the 14 day cooling off period"

However, if the customer doesn't tick the box they want to be able to prevent the download for 14 days.

Is this possible with Hikashop?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Duncan

DunxMax

The more we learn the less we know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 3 weeks ago #331174

Hi,

There is no option for this. However, with a view override on the order / show.php page where the link appears on the website (or user / downloads for the downloads listing, or product / show_block_files for the product page ), you could add the HTML of a checkbox with some javascript on the link to check that the checkbox is checked. So it's nothing complex to customize that way. It's just a few lines of HTML/javascript:
stackoverflow.com/questions/16243705/onl...is-selected/16244080
Now, the download link also appears in the email notifications, and you can't add a checkbox there nor javascript, as it's not possible to do that in emails. So you would have to customize the emails too to either remove the links, or change them to redirect to the order page where they could see the checkbox with the real link.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds