Example codes/pages for Thank you page and Checkout upsell custom

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336825

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has a collection of examples where we n00bs can build upon for specifically the thank you page and for custom fields that can handle the upselling idea.
I have read a lot of posts in the forum but most are only for a line of specific code or for redirects to "a" thank you page.

I want to start making a thank you page, but i don't know for example if i can use the php to redirect to the order in an article, and since there are many many people over the years that made professional websites, i would like to see somehow how they did all this. (or maybe hire a gig to build this for me)

Also the upselling implementation is hard to find here (at least for me as a n00b) yet since it is discussed over the years, i think there will be many fine examples to be found by now.

Hope you can help in this way.

Kind regards,

Nico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 5 months ago #336829

Hi,

Well, once you're on the thank you page, it's already a bit late to upsell the customer. If you can it's better to upsell him before he pays.
So usually, you can do that with
- options that you can add to the cart along with the product ( demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options )
- modules of products listings. For example, you could add products as "related products" so that they appear bellow the product on the product page. Or you could have them appear during the checkout with the "checkout related" module ( www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/142-checkout-related.html )
- volume discounts ( demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ith-volume-discounts )

I think what you want on the thank you page is mainly to have an easy way for the user to see his order details (which can also contain download links) and that's why by default the thank you page has a link to the order details page. But you could still add below a listing of products module to propose other things to the customer, like discounted products on your shop.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336835

Hi, unfortunately none of that answers my questions in a way that i can build upon.

1. I will try what happens adding php to an article, if it doesn't work out i'll come back.
2. So there is no collection of awesome thank you pages that people shared over the years?
3. Upselling can go in many places, there is much discussion here on the forum but no good example of how to add it.
4. Although i thought i said i would like to add it to the checkout, this was not understood, but this is what i want to do.
5 I wish not to pay 45 usd for a plugin that has no examples of what it can do for me, also it's ultra expensive for an easy (and almost mandatory) function as upselling.

2 years 5 months ago #336842

Hi,

1. You won't be able to add PHP to a Joomla article unless you use an extension like "sourcerer". But how will that help you upselling on your checkout since the checkout doesn't display Joomla articles ?

2. None that I know of.

3. I gave several ways to add upselling to your products / checkout in my previous post. If you need more details on one of these, I'll be happy to provide more information.

4. Well, the checkout related module I linked to in my previous message is precisely about upselling on the checkout itself. I would say it's a good solution and many other merchants are using it on their shop.

5. I'm just proposing solutions to try to help you out. Note that we are not the developers of that plugin, so it's not like I'm pointing it out to make money from you.
You indeed don't necessarily need that module. You could have something similar with a "text" view in your checkout workflow with a Joomla loadposition tag ( docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F ) for a HikaShop content module configured to display a listing of products. It would basically do the same as the checkout related module (which means displaying a listing of other products on the checkout) but with one big difference: the checkout related module will only display the products related to the products in the cart based on the "related products" setting of the products.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336851

Hi Nicolas,

Next time i want to know 2 things i will make 2 posts, this will make sure it does not get all mixed up.

I want a good thank you page but the link to their order is a php code in the standard thank you message.

In my opinion upselling should not be a payed plugin option, luckily i read i'm not the only one with this opinion ;)

2 years 5 months ago #336897

Hi,

Well, a developer spent his time developing a solution for people wanting it. It's normal he asks money for it. We can't force the developer to release his work for free. Plus, as I said, you could have a somewhat similar solution with a normal products listing.

Regarding the thank you page customization, I'm afraid I can't help with examples. I didn't see much done in that respect. Usually, merchants try to direct the users to their order and thus a simple page without too much things is preferred.
Even amazon, on their website have a pretty simple thank you page with a link to the order and a products listing below (which could be added with the Joomla modules manager and maybe a load position tag to include it where you want it in the thank you page's text.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds