Pre sale questions for multi-vendor site

• Thank you received: 28
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business Hikashop Multisite
2 years 5 days ago #340990

Hello,
I want to make an e-commerce site for a client who needs the multi-vendor function.
I have always used Virtuemart for my e-commerce but I would like to use Hikashop this time.
I have seen the documentation on multi-vendor and I have some questions:

1. I understood that for the automatic payment of the vendor + the admin, you can't buy products from more than one vendor at the same time. Is this a limitation of Paypal or a technique of Hikashop? Is it possible to do it anyway with a customization for example?
And does it use the standard Paypal? We are in Switzerland and cannot use Paypal Pro because it is not available in our country.

2. How is the multi-currency managed? For example if a vendor sells products in Swiss Francs and another one sells products in Euros? Same for shipping costs. If I have a vendor who sells in Italy and a seller who sells in Switzerland, how does it work with the cart?

In short, I have a lot of unknowns because I have never done a multi-seller. I really want to do it with Hikashop. Can you help me with my questions?

Regards,
Frédéric

“Si tu ne travaille pas pour tes rêves, quelqu'un t'embauchera pour travailler pour les siens" - Steeve Jobs
"La sagesse, c’est d’avoir des rêves suffisamment grands pour ne pas les perdre de vue quand on les poursuit." - Oscar Wilde

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 4 days ago #340995

Hi,

1. There is no such limitation. There is a setting called "Limit vendors in cart" in the HikaMarket configuration which allows you to restrict the products in the cart to one vendor only. But by default it's set to "no limitation" which means you can have products from different vendors in the same cart.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general
The payments can work with any payment plugin available for HikaShop, including the normal PayPal plugin, which you can use in Switzerland.

2. Each vendor can select its currency. And each user can choose its currency if you configure the "HikaShop currency switcher" in the Joomla modules manager.
Now there are several scenarios on the customer end:
- If you don't let the user selects his own currency, then they will pay with the main currency of the shop. That's not a problem. The bank will automatically convert the amount. So for example, he will pay 100 swiss francs on your website / PayPal.
Then, either PayPal will convert the money in his currency, or his bank will do it (it depends on how his PayPal account is setup). Either ways, in the end, on our bank account, the money will be removed with his bank account currency. So if he is Italian, he will be charged somwhere around 98€ (that's approximately the current day exchange rate between CHF and EUR) plus the conversion fee his bank / PayPal might charge him ( it depends on his contract conditions with his bank / PayPal ).
- If you let the user selects his own currency, then they will pay with their own currency. So on their bank account, they'll be charged with the exact amount of their order. Then, on your PayPal account, either PayPal will actually have one amount for each currency you're receiving money in. And then, you'll be able to convert money between the currencies whenever you want at the current exchange rate.
And there are also several scenarios on the vendor fee end:
- If you use PayPal adaptive or Stripe Connect for the payment method, the payment can be split automatically on the fly between your share and the share of each vendor of the order.
- If you use a normal payment plugin, like the standard PayPal plugin, then all the money of the sales will go to you. And then, in the backend of HikaMarket for each vendor, you'll be able to see his partial orders, the corresponding fees to be paid to the vendor based on the vendor fees you configured in the vendor (or globally), and use the "pay" button to pay the fees whenever you want. You'll be able to pay the fees via PayPal. In that case, you'll be able to take the money directly from your PayPal account. If you have an amount with the same fee as the vendor, then there will be no conversion, and otherwise, you'll have a conversion made by PayPal. But you'll also be able to pay via bank transfer (with your bank interface I suppose). In that case, you'll have to pay for the conversion fee with your bank when making the bank transfer.
- it's also possible to forbid the vendors from selecting their currency. In that case, they'll get the payments in your shop currency, and it will be their bank / PayPal who will do the conversion with potential extra fees.

So basically, HikaMarket can adapt to your needs. It depends how you configure it.

Last edit: 2 years 4 days ago by nicolas.

2 years 4 days ago #340997

First of all, thank you for this explanation.

So for point 1, I had misunderstood. Can you confirm this for me:

Customer can buy products from multiple vendors at the same time in the cart.
The payment can be done automatically for all vendors in the cart and for the admin (fees), with Paypal and Stripe payment methods and / or Postfinance checkout?

If yes, do I have to buy another payment plugin for Paypal or Stripe? (Apart from Postfinance)

For point 2, it is clear, thank you.

And one more point, point 3. When we want to accept a new vendor, do we have to create the vendor's account ourselves or can he do it directly from the frontend?

“Si tu ne travaille pas pour tes rêves, quelqu'un t'embauchera pour travailler pour les siens" - Steeve Jobs
"La sagesse, c’est d’avoir des rêves suffisamment grands pour ne pas les perdre de vue quand on les poursuit." - Oscar Wilde

2 years 4 days ago #340998

Hi,

Customer can buy products from multiple vendors at the same time in the cart.

Yes.

The payment can be done automatically for all vendors in the cart and for the admin (fees), with Paypal and Stripe payment methods and / or Postfinance checkout?

It can be done automatically with PayPal Adaptive and Stripe Connect.
It cannot be done automatically with the standard PayPal plugin, or Stripe Checkout, or PostFinance as the API of these solutions do not provide this capability.

If yes, do I have to buy another payment plugin for Paypal or Stripe? (Apart from Postfinance)

PayPal Adaptive is included in HikaMarket Multivendor. However, note that you need a special merchant account with PayPal. And it's kinda hard to get since a few years back when they changed the rules for marketplaces.
The PayPal standard plugin is included in HikaShop.
The Stripe checkout plugin is available here: www.ignisdev.com/en/extensions/p/stripe-checkout-for-hikashop
The Stripe Connect plugin is available here: www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/133...nect-by-obsidev.html

When we want to accept a new vendor, do we have to create the vendor's account ourselves or can he do it directly from the frontend?

Both options are possible.

2 years 4 days ago #341004

OK,
so for the payment plugin, the easiest way will be by Stripe ?
If yes, so i have to buy Stripe checkout + Stripe Connect plugin ?
And it will work with a normal Stripe account ?

2 years 4 days ago #341011

Hi,

Stripe Connect will be the best if you want automatic pament splitting on the fly, yes.
Stripe checkout won't be necessary in that case.
Payment for the user will be a credit card form at the end of your checkout. So no need for a Stripe account.
For the vendor, he will have to have a Stripe account, and on his vendor area on your website, he will have to follow a small procedure to connect his account to yours.
For you, you will also need a stripe account, and you'll have to setup the settings in the "connect" area of the account:
stripe.com/docs/connect/explore-connect-guide
So it's a bit more complex to setup that just a normal Stripe payment plugin.

2 years 4 days ago #341014

OK, perfect.
I will take a look at the doc for Stripe connect, but i thing it will be a good workaround.
I will finalize my offer to my client with that and i am pretty sure that will be OK for him.

I'm looking forward to testing and configuring this :)

And last question, the price of Stripe Connect plugin is by year or one time payement ?

Regards

Last edit: 2 years 4 days ago by thefbi.

2 years 4 days ago #341015

Hi,

It's a one time payment to get access to the latest version of the plugin for 4 years.
After that, you need to purchase it again the get the updates.
For HikaShop/HikaMarket (you need both) you pay the intial cost (for example 99.90€ for HikaShop Business) which gives you access to the updates for one year. After that, you have to renew your subscription for around 60% of the initial cost every year (so 60€ for HikaShop Business)

2 years 4 days ago #341024

OK, thank you.

1 year 11 months ago #341561

Hello,
I am now on the configuration for multi-vendor in my project.
And there is confusion in your documentation. That's why I asked about ordering from multiple vendors and paying them directly in ma first post.

Here is what your documentation says here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-multi-tutorial.html
"Mode: Vendor paid directly
When you want that your vendor be paid directly, you have to limit the number of vendor in the cart.
Because the customer can make just one single payment for an order, he couldn't pay the vendor directly if there are several vendors.
So you have to set the option Limit vendors in cart to One vendor.
Then you have different solutions for the payment part."

You then answered me in this post that there was no limitation. So I hope that your answer is correct (because that's why we bought this system) and therefore that your documentation is wrong?

Regards.

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 11 months ago #341582

Hello,

The documentation and the answer are correct ; they're some details.

You can pay multiples vendors in the same time if you're using a payment plugin compatible with "adaptive payments".
These plugins are compatible with HikaMarket and handle vendors who do not have an account for the payment platform and redirect the payment accordingly.

When you're in the mode "vendor paid directly", the customer must always paid directly the vendor.
That's why we indicates that you need to have a cart vendor restriction.
It's a very specific mode which is useful for very specific cases ; where we recommend to use "collect on delivery" payment plugin.

Because with "adaptive payment" plugins, if the vendor cannot be paid directly, the payment is sent to "your store" so you can paid back your vendor afterwards.
If you want to use "any" HikaShop payment plugin (a plugin which do not have "adaptive payments" feature), the payment gateway would just be able to perform one transaction for one receiver/destination.
You can create payment instances for specific vendors and let HikaMarket switch its fee mode.

For your case, we highly suggest to use a payment plugin compatible with "adaptive payments".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

1 year 11 months ago #341585

Hi, OK, thank you.
I will use the Stripe Connect. I did not see actually how to configure it, perhaps i will call for help, but in a new forum post.

Regards.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds