how to make free event registration without shop registration?

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 9 months ago #343032

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi there, and thank you in advance for reading.
I want to give a webinar, and I want our customers to register on our website and get the link to the upcoming webinar.
This is all free.
We have hikashop on this website for some products.
I want customers to be able to register name, companyname and emailaddress.
When I set these up in custom fields (entry), and add menu item to the entry registration (or create an article with some info, images and a link to a hidden menu item for the entry registration), the customer can enter their info, click next..but then the cart is empty..well ok..nothing is needed there.
But that also stops the registration for some reason.
What should I change, and is this possible with Hikashop?

Thank you again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 9 months ago #343034

Hi,

In the custom entry fields, you're supposed to select products so that they will be automatically added to the cart.
The goal is two folds:
- collect registrant(s) data
- have them pay the necessary amount based on what they selected for each entry in the custom fields.
You can read more about this here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/75-entry-listing.html

I supposed that you didn't select any product, and thus you end up on an empty cart upon arriving on the checkout. But the entry data is stored in the database together with the order at the end of the checkout. But since you can't go through the checkout the data just stays in the user session and is then lost.

So I see several solutions:

- you could select a free product in a custom entry field so that it would be added to the cart (provided that the "display add to cart button for free products" setting is activated in the HikaShop configuration page).

- you could actually do something similar with custom item fields directly on the product page of the free product.

- you could use the contact form with custom contact fields and you would thus get one email for each registration to the event. But it might be hard to manage, especially if you have a lot of registrations to the event.

- you could use instead a form extension to have the users register to the event through a form without having to go through the checkout. HikaShop being an ecommerce solution, the entry mechanism and almost everything in HikaShop supposes that you want to use the features to charge the user some money by going through the checkout. Having a free product allows you to go through the checkout without payment, but using HikaShop just to gather data from the user without checkout is not really the goal of the extension.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 9 months ago #343036

thank you! That was a clear answer!.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 9 months ago #343037

thank you! That was a clear answer!.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds