Content of the field address_street2 is missing

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347485

Hello,

on the last orders I missed the house numbers in the emails although this field is set as required.

I use the field address_street2 for that and all is set same way as the field address_street.

First I thought this information is really missing but then I noticed that it is only a display error.

The data has been entered and saved correct. I can see it if I open the order to edit. But the information is not contained in any email for the orders. It has worked fine and I have nothing changed on it.

Same way for the customer data. In the backend view the content of the field is not displayed first. If I open the adresses to edit the field and its content is there. After editing the content is still not displayed.

What can I do to fix this?

Greetings - Harald

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by haraldundandrea. Reason: Adding screenshots

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 4 months ago #347498

Hi,

A custom address field will only appear in the display of an address if its tag is added in the "address format" setting of the HikaShop configuration. Also, it's possible that after a migration from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 (or changing your template), the field doesn't appear even though the tag is in that setting. That's because this setting will generate a view override of the default format in each template. And if you change to a new template, it won't have the override. So you'll have to save the setting once so that it regenerate the overrides.

The following user(s) said Thank You: haraldundandrea

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347513

Hello nicolas,

thank you for your quick reply.

Seems that the migration from joomla 3 to joomla 4 or the change from the template caused the problem.

All tags of my custom fields has been deleted. Fortunately I have a copy of my shop with joomla 3 still running so that I could copy my changes from there. Additionally I saved my settings on a text file now.

Greetings - Harald

BTW: I got no notification mail for your answer allthough I have subscribed the thread on creating it... :(

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by haraldundandrea.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 4 months ago #347515

Hi,

The email probably went in your spam folder or was flagged as spam and directly rejected by your email server.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds