Tags get lost

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347581

Hello,

I use tags (Schlagwörter) from Joomla in HikaShop.

Sometimes they get lost while saving the item, sometimes not.

I can not find the reason why or what I can do to prevent this.

Tags I saved befor changing to Joomla 4 seems to work still fine but inserting new tags fails again and again. Sometimes they remain but next time they get lost again. Very often it concerns tags from several words but not only. Entering new tag for the first time fails most time. I can find the new tag in Joomla tag component but I can still not use it with HikaShop. I can choose it but it get lost if I save the changes/item.

I tried to enter 3 different tags. First 2 of them have been saved and the last one gets lost. But the other ones get lost too one by one when I opened the item to edit it.

Has anyone an idea what I can do to fix this problem?

Greetings - Harald

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by haraldundandrea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 4 months ago #347592

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my end. I create several tags, from Joomla, from a product edit page, and was able to select them, save them, remove them from the setting, etc. It worked as expected each and every time.

Which version of HikaShop and Joomla are you using ?
Are you able to reproduce some of the issues consistantly ?
In that case, you could provide precise steps and a backend access so that we could reproduce the issue on your website ?

• Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347604

Hello nicolas,

I use Joomla! 4.2.5 and HikaShop 4.6.2.

I have the problem since changing to Joomla 4.

I can reproduce the problem sometimes but not constantly. That is my problem. I can not detect a systematic.

Last item I tried it was Disney Frozen Alu Trinkflasche, L35-755734. I tried to add the tag "Disney Frozen 2".

Sometimes it seems to work but if I open the item next time the tag will be deleted. Sometimes the tag is not saved at all. It seems to depends on where I click after choosing it but sometimes it will not be saved at all, no matter where I click after choosing it.

The tag exists allready and is used on (2) older items.

I tried to edit one of this 2 items and the tag dissappeared when I oppened the item. Then I tried the same with the second item with this tag and here the tag dissappeared too directly after open the item to edit it before taken any action at all. If I close the item without saving the tag still appears in the frontend.

Surely I can give you backend access to my site.

Greetings - Harald

P.S.: I have an other site which is created with Joomla 4 and where I use tags with articles which works fine...so I guess it is not a problem with Joomla 4...

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 4 months ago #347637

Hi,

Thanks for the access.
I think I was able to reproduce at least one of the issues consistantly on your website:
- I select the "Disney Frozen 2" tag in the product "Disney Frozen Alu Trinkflasche, L35-755734"
- I save the product once and the tag is properly added and I can see it if I open the product again
- I create a new tag ("Disney Frozen 3" for example) by typing it directly in the input field of the tag system in the product edit page of that product and save the product
- when I open the product again, instead of having both tags, I get no tag

So next, I tried the exact same process in a Joomla article on your website, and I got the exact same problem. However, on a Joomla article, HikaShop is not involved at all. So if you already have the issue in Joomla, it's no wonder you get the same problem in HikaShop since HikaShop uses Joomla's tag system.

So then I looked online for that problem and I found this page:
issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/35649
This looks strangely similar to the issue I was able to reproduce on your website.
It says that it comes from a migration which changed the structure of the table #__ucm_content in an incorrect manner.

The following user(s) said Thank You: haraldundandrea

• Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347660

Hello nicolas,

yes, I think the thread is about my problem and it was random that I noticed it with HikaShop as I use HikaShop actually most.

As far as I know there is a newer version of Joomla available. The last entry in the thread you have linked to is from 05. december 2022, so I hope that the problem may be fixed in an newer Joomla version soon. Further I follow the thread to see if there will be new information about the issue or how it can be fixed.

Thanks for your support so far!

Greetings - Harald

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds