Why not hikamarket works like e-bay?

• Thank you received: 13
11 years 1 month ago #90320

I've thought so much about this. I think that the correct way the marketplace should work is like e-bay do. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I think that hikamarket should work this way:

- who sell is the vendor, not the marketplace.
- buyers buy from vendors, not from marketplace, this way I just offer the "space", like a commercial center. I manage and "rent" virtual spaces. I don't sell, I'm not responsible for what vendors sells.
- payment should be DIRECTLY between buyers and vendors (like e-bay... correct me if I'm wrong): that's VERY IMPORTANT 'cause if I manage money for vendors I do an "intermediation" work, and I just want to offer an internet service not an intermediation service in selling something. So, who really sells is the vendor who really receive payments. Also for any controversy between vendor and buyer I'm not really responsible for the sell; I even did not manage their money.
- I should automatically take my fee from vendors PayPal account anytime he sell something and so I can generate an invoice to vendors only for my fees. Would be also perfect if vendors could have all my invoices into their account.

So, that's the way I would suggest hikamarket should work and I suppose you can sure let it work this way. The only doubt is about automatically remove the fee from every vendor's PayPal account. Can this be done at moment (maybe PayPal adaptive plugin)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
11 years 1 month ago #90332

HI, I get your point BUT...

How will this system behave when a customer buys different items from different vendors?? It means the customer will have multiple cart checkouts to pay the different vendors...

You can set a multivendor website for a partnership where vendor B is selling complementary products to products sold by vendor A.

Another structure is a manufacturer/importer/distributor managing the site himself and the vendors/resellers are only taking care of the local marketing/delivery/support and infrastructure.

There are many possible structures...and commissions can be due to marketplace owner or the other way round to the vendors (vendors provide the service(s) to the main vendor) 'hope you understand my point?

EDIT: also check DaWanda...

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by pprle.

11 years 1 month ago #90333

pprle wrote: HI, I get your point BUT...

How will this system behave when a customer buys different items from different vendors?? It means the customer will have multiple cart checkouts to pay the different vendors...

PayPal adaptive plugin should do this job. Not sure this is yet available in hikamarket.

EDIT: also check DaWanda...

DaWanda works the way I need. Vendors sell to buyers. Buyers pay directly to vendors. DaWanda then send invoice and payment request for their fee to vendors. That's all. That's the correct way I think hikamarket should work.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 1 month ago #90334

Hi,

Deltafidesign, I get you point too.
And I want to add that a marketplace is not every time a website like e-bay.
There is a lot of marketplace like "Amazon" where you would pay the main vendor and he would pay his vendor afterwards.

The "auction" feature of HikaMarket is not implemented yet for several important reasons.
- No multiple payment system.
- No paypal adaptive payment plugin.

It is not possible to do automatic payment to your vendors.

I know that is VERY IMPORTANT but we are working on it and it is a huge work.

Most of HikaMarket users do not use the e-bay way, so for the moment it is important to finish to implement these features before making the e-bay like system.
We can't work on all things at the same time. I think it's better to improve the product as soon as possible with new features than making a new release in one or two years when all request features would be finished.

"Auction" style have other implication like : You can't buy several articles.
You can only pay one person (without paypal adaptive, even if you have a multiple payment configuration) so, you can't buy two articles from two vendors.
The other problem is that, user would pay the final vendor but if the main vendor wants a commission, he has to ask it (and could not be paid).

So yes, we want to support the "e-bay" like but for the moment, we don't.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 1 month ago #90338

Jerome wrote: I know that is VERY IMPORTANT but we are working on it and it is a huge work.

Yes, I know, and you are fantastic for this job. So many thanks.

"Auction" style

Maybe I had been not clear. I don't want an auction system, I just spoke about e-bay to make an example about the payment not for an auction system. I could have spoke about many other marketplace system that do not use auction. Just wanted to explain how the system should work for payments, who really sell, etc...

Anyway I think you aswered my question even if I don't want an "auction" system: "- No paypal adaptive payment plugin."

Thanks so much anyway. I hope you can release such feature in future.

11 years 1 month ago #90339

Hi,

deltafidesign wrote: I hope you can release such feature in future.

It's our goal :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 9 months ago #108314

Any news about PayPal Adaptive plugin?

10 years 9 months ago #108317

Hi,

I am currently working on it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 9 months ago #108424

Ok thanks.

In the meanwhile you develope it, I would talk about this new feature to understand how we should manage the fiscal problem.

First assumpt is that my store do not sell. Vendors sell using my platform (store). I just offer a service and I earn money for this service. So, goods are sold by vendors to customers and they can manually generate an invoice to customers for price they payed them.

I suppose that with PayPal adaptive plugin the paiment is divided into 2 parts: the amount that goes to vendor and the fee that I earn. So in this case who pays me is the customer and so I need to generate an invoice to customer for the service I offered (buy from the vendor using my platform). Also the vendor should then generate an invoice to customer for the amount he payed him (total price minus my fee).

Will I be able to generate the invoice for customer reporting the transaction service for goods about the fee he payed me?

I mean, in this case, I should report in the invoice items the fact that customer payed me fees and not goods. So I want that every items reported into the invoice is something like "online service for buying good XYZ of vendor ABC" = fee 1

In the invoice I should report only fees not goods.

Will be possibile to do that?

10 years 9 months ago #108461

Hi,

It does not have any link with Paypal Adaptive.
The invoice system is already include in HikaMarket and the payment plugin will use the fees of the order/sub-orders.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 9 months ago #108515

Ok, thanks for reply.

I try to use an example. Customer buy a good on the store from the vendor X that costs 100€ + VAT + PayPal Fee.

I've setted Hikamarket to take 30% for me and 70% for vendor.

Now PayPal Adaptive plugin split 100€ in 70€ and 30€. Send 70€ to vendor and 30€ to me. So the customer pay me 30 in this way.

Now, can I automatically generate an invoice for the customer about 30€ + VAT of 30€ + PayPal fee (of 30€)?

10 years 9 months ago #108520

Hi,

I don't think it is the right place for this question. We are too far from the original topic.
The paypal adaptive plugin will just support the payment, the invoices is another subject.
And there is already a topic for your invoice question: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/23-market-how-...or-and-customer.html

There is no split, there is no different between "now" and "paypal adaptive". The custom still pay but it is just that the money is send directly to the vendors.
Nothing more, nothing else.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 9 months ago #108523

Ok, thanks, I'll go on on the other topic discussing this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds