Attached PDF to vendor email

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #161451

I've installed the PDF Invoice plugin but can't seem to get it to work. It's published in the extension manager (Attach Invoice to the order confirmation e-mail) and in the plugins manager (Attach Invoice to the order confirmation e-mail AND attachinvoice_j3). But nothing gets attached to either the customer order creation email or the vendor order status notification email. But I'm not even sure this plugin will do what I'm looking for...

I'd like to dynamically create a PDF file that contains order information that can be attached to the Market: Order status notification email that gets sent to the vendor. The PDF file would be used as a packing slip, formatted very similar to the email itself; it just wouldn't contain any email header info (address, etc.). I'm thinking the best place to do this might be in the customized email preload file using a PHP class such as.mPDF or fPDF. Any thoughts on that or any suggestions? I know I'll need to have this developed but am hoping you can point me in the right direction or at least keep me out of the weeds! Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 9 months ago #161457

Hi,

For what I know about the plugin "PDF invoice", it allows you to send an invoice. It means that the order status must be a confirmed status (By default : confirmed, shipped).
More than that, the plugin has been developed for HikaShop but not for HikaMarket : To add invoices to the customer, so it has some specific restrictions for the targeted emails.

You can use a PDF library to generate a file and attach it to the mail.
In the preload part, you can access to the mailer, so you can add a file if you want to.
You can also see to modify the "pdf invoice" plugin in order to remove some restrictions (or change them), like the check on the order_status or the check on the order_type.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds