Question on categories when adding new vendor

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 5 months ago #175438

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3 business
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.33

I"m sorry but the documentation is vast, and a bit confusing.

Here's what i want to do:

I have Hikashop Business and HikaMarket. latest versions on Joomla 3.3.6

We have 400+ skus already in our store from a single vendor. We have a number of product categories, ie, Men's Shirts, Women's Jackets etc. We imported and set up from an old Virtue Mart shop.

We now want to add a second vendor. And more vendors in future. So i purchased HikaMarket.

I want this to be invisible to the user. They won't know that there are multiple vendors. I want a vendor to be able to add and edit their products in EXISTING categories, that is, Vendor1 and Vendor2 can both put products into Men's Shirts.

But not see the other vendor products.. can't edit stock quantities, can't delete. A vendor should be able to edit only his own products.. but all vendors have stuff in same categories.

How to do this? I"m confused about vendor categories. What do i need to do to all 400 existing products before adding new ones from Vendor2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #175442

Hi,

In HikaMarket, you can hide who is the seller of the problem ; by deactivating the option "show sold by".
By not setting the vendor root category, your vendors will be able to put their products in any category of your website without limitation.
You can change the HikaMarket ACL to not let them have the right to create or modify the categories ; as you can tweak the ACL for the products in order to limit the fields that the vendor can edit.

By default the vendor can only edit their own products, only the main vendor can access to all products (like in the backend).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 5 months ago #175446

THank you for that quick answer, very much appreciated.

If i might ask one more key question: as we already 400 + products.. what is the best way to assign all existing products to one vendor... before we start adding new products for our second vendor.

Is there a batch process avaiable in HikaMarket to do so? I saw some discussion about that but it appeared that was still in development. How best to do this? thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #175447

Hi,

You can use an HikaShop mass-action by setting the value "product_vendor_id" for the table product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds