Can HikaMarket provide this functionality?

• Thank you received: 5
9 years 2 months ago #187915

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5

I've been using HikaShop for a while, but have a potential client project that MIGHT be perfect for HikaMarket - MultiVendor. But I've never used those, so I need to ask those of you who do IF this is possible:

1. Have front-end users as sellers (which I know is possible)
2. Products can have multiple attributes/Characteristics - size, color, texture, etc.
3. Site visitors can search on multiple attributes/characteristics (at the same time - i.e. Size 5 AND color black, etc.)
4. When a sale is made the buyer pays the sales price listed, a percentage (or possibly flat rate) of that sale goes to the site owner's account and the remainder (sale minus site owner's 'commission') goes to the seller.
5. Functionality in #4 is handled automatically using PayPal Adaptive payments (so it happens automatically).
6. Refunds / Returns can be handled directly between the buyer and the individual seller.

We're basically looking for an 'ebay-like' system (without the auction portion - just the 'pay now' process).

If you have (or know of) any sites that are already doing something like this with HikaMarket and can provide a link that would be great (I couldn't find any samples here in the gallery that listed or look like they use HikaMarket).

Thanks for any tips/ideas that you can share.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 2 months ago #187961

Hi,

1. That's right
2. HikaMarket handle the management of characteristics and variants.
3. It's not related to HikaMarket ; but HikaShop could do that using filters.
4. Yes, it is the base of HikaMarket goal to process the vendor price and calculate the fees.
5. That's right
6. The vendor can change the order status : vendor and custoemr can handle the transaction in paypal in order to ask for a refund.

I'm not allowed to provide websites where HikaMarket is used without the permission of the owner.
You could have a look in the showcase section of our forum and if you want to see more about the HikaMarket feature, don't hesitate to look at our demo website (when HikaMarket is installed and available for the demo account).
demo.hikashop.com/

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 5
9 years 2 months ago #187995

Jerome,

Thanks for all those answers.
It would be helpful if the showcase indicated what version of Hikashop (including hikamarket/serial/etc) they were using.

I was also hoping that just maybe some users would respond and be so proud of their hikamarket site that they would share the url :-)

Thanks

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds