Add more Title boxes on Product listings

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 2 months ago #192099

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox -latest

Hi,

I've just purchased Hikamarket....brilliant product BTW :)

I'm making a few tweaks to the layout to fit the website purpose....I need to add a few custom fields in the vendor product area to echo on the product listings page and main product page of the website.

At the moment the product listings show (see on website link):
- Product Image
- Title
- Part of description (with read more enabled)
- Vote

Problem with this current lay-out is:
- Vendor can edit the title with the style being coded in the background, but the style of the description can easily be altered which is not good for the conformity of each listing.

What I need is:
- Several custom boxes (instead of the description box) that are editable via the vendor area and also which show up on the product listings page and main product page...e.g:

Ends:

I have tried everything and my last resort (I know you are very busy already) is to ask if any of you can help me with this please?

Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 2 months ago #192100

Hi,

When you edit a custom field in the HikaShop backend (Display > Custom field), you will see some HikaMarket specific options in the right column, for the "display".
Thanks to that options you can configure if you want the custom field be editable (or display) for the vendors.

For the product description issue ; I think the best will be to use a custom plugin so you can filter the description text in order to remove some content.
I don't know how you want to filter the content exactly so it will be difficult to say more, but it can be a brutal "strip tags" (to remove all HTML content) or a more complicated replacement by regular expressions

Regards,.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 1 month ago #194217

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your response on this. I've tried adding some custom code to make this work, but unfortunately I've not been able to come up with any code to output what I need.

What I need to do is as follows:

On the vendor product form on the backend i need to add the following input boxes like the existing 'Title form box' instead of the description wysywig editor, so that I can style the text with css without it being editable by the vendors:
Image upload box: (that's ok - already there)
Advert Tile: (that's ok - already there, I've just renamed it from 'Title' to 'Advert Tile')
Business Name:
Town and County:
About the Offer:
About the Business:
Address:
Telephone:
Email:
Web Address:
Terms and Conditions:

I then need for the following information to be shown on the product listings on the front end:
Advert Tile Info
Business Name Info
Town and County Info
Vote: (that's already there)
Similar to this here: s293983206.websitehome.co.uk/ISIW/index.php

And then on the main product page it needs to show all of the information that has been input by the vendor on the product form similar to what you can see here: s293983206.websitehome.co.uk/ISIW/index....-free-website-review

I know this is a lot to ask. I am willing to pay for this to be done.

Please let me know if you can do this for me and how much you would charge?

Thanks,

Cara

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 1 month ago #194307

Hi,

Like explained in the previous message, the fields can be created using vendor custom fields.
But if I understood right, I think that part is good for you.

In the product listing, the best is to create a view override and to display yourself the fields that you want to display.
You can already do that to display special product (custom) fields but you can also access to the vendor in these listing views.

if(!empty($this->row->vendor)) {
  echo $this->row->vendor->vendor_name;
}

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds