Documentation for Hika Market

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 2 weeks ago #197972

-- url of the page with the problem -- : brahas.com
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : All versions are current and latest

The documentation for HikaMarket is not updated. There are fields in the configuration module which is not explained. When will this be updated? It is a bit frustrating to note that after paying huge dollars, you still have not updated the documentation.
I am completely at a loss with a total lack of documentation, especially related to vendor configuration and creations.
Can somebody direct me to the right location in configuration where I can configure the Mode - that is documented!
Mode: Everybody is a vendor
Mode: Vendor paid subscription
Mode: Limited number of vendor and so on....
This is documented but there is no place in configuration where I can set this. Am I missing something here?

Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by vdevan. Reason: More frustration due to lack of info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 2 weeks ago #198005

Hi,

Please do not mix the configuration documentation and our tutorial.
Configuration : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nfig_market_register
Tutorial : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...tml#tuto_market_conf

If you look at the tutorial, it describe different mode that you can have when you create a multivendor website.
And if you look at the description text, it explains how configure that "mode" ; but it does not means that there is an option to switch to that mode

Mode: Everybody is a vendor
If you want that every Joomla account in your website is also a vendor (to create a consumer-to-consumer store) if will have to use the Vendor automatic creation for the Vendor registration.
At this moment HikaMarket will create a vendor account for every Joomla account (when the user will register or the first time he will log-in).

Like explained in the tutorial, you have to configure the setting "vendor registration" to "vendor automatic creation".
You will see in the configuration documentation page, more details about the setting "vendor registration".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 2 weeks ago #198020

I checked the configuration link as well. Even that is not updated!
Please let me know what does - "Use product approvals" under "Main Options" is used for? Where is it documented.
Also
Main Tab- Email Options in your configuration note says:
Send product emails for the main vendor too: By activating this option, your vendor will be notified too for the product creation of modification made by his users in the front-end.
I do not see that in the Main Tab- Email Options screen. Instead I see
"Order notification status filter " which is not explained.
These two are for starters. I haven't gone through in details.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 2 weeks ago #198052

Hi,

The documentation will be updated as soon as possible.

Some settings has been moved from the "market" tab to the "main" tab, like some e-mail settings which were not dedicated to the market features. So we moved them in order to let them be accessible in HikaMarket front-edition.
It is for example, the case for the option "order notification status filter".

Product approval - when a vendor will create a new product, the product won't be published and will require an approval from an administrator.
It allow you to give the "product / edit / publish" right to a vendor in case when he want to unpublish some of his products ; but for the new products, thanks to the product approval, you can still have the control of the (first) publication.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds