Bridging Hikamarket and Magento

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 14 hours ago #199900

Hi,

Has anybody created a bridge so that an existing Magento shop (or other shops) can be synchronised with Hikamarket (Multivendor?).

I am asking because I have a plan in the future to turn my shop into an international marketplace.

A bit of background: The product is sell is a brand that has very tight regulations. So selling in some other country isn't allowed. Most distributors have their own shop but most are struggling to create a good shopping environment. For me with Australia it doesn't make sense to put a lot of efforts and money into my shop because Australia is too small in sales to justify this.
If I could easily synchronise lets say for example the shop of the US distributor with mine I could become an online sales agent for the US and it would make sense to put lots of effort and money into acquisition and conversion optimisation.
Some distributors have agreed to give this a go as long as it is painless. The product categories and products are the same all over the world.

The bridge would have to update stock levels, feed the order into the other shopping system (e.g. Magento) and update the status information in Hikashop so I can trace order fulfilment.

Am I dreaming here?

Regards,

Edward

Regards,

Edward

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 hours ago #199903

Hi,

Well, it will be more a bridge between Magento and HikaShop than a bridge with HikaMarket.
I don't see all the requirements but I know that you can already use the CSV import or the import using Mass action in order to import or update products.
So, thinking about a way to export e CSV from Magento and import it into HikaShop to update the product stock ; is not something impossible but for sure it will require some analyzes, some time and some tests to do it right.
After that, I do not have knowledge on Magento so I can't really say more.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 3 hours ago #199923

Hi Jerome,

so it hasn't been done yet.
I believe that the Hikashop side should be easy with the cron jobs and mass updates. It just means that I have to look at the other shop system and it's ability to automatically import and export data.
I'll have a look at Magento as that is what most are using and map the process that needs it to work. Nothing urgent at this moment.

One questions in regards to my understanding of Hikamarket and Multivendor. Won't you need Multivendor to issue invoices that actually belong to the other vendor? For tax, import, ... reasons my idea would only work if the customer get's an invoice from the actual seller. I'm just the agent. So if Distributor X has his stock on my shop, then the customer get's an invoice with Distributor X name on it. Am I correct in assuming that that is what Multivendor is for?

Regards,

Edward

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #199958

Hi,

No there is no bridge with Magento (or another non-Joomla! e-commerce solution) and we do not plan to do it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds