Special Product Type

• Thank you received: 6
8 years 10 months ago #205754

Hi,
Firstly, there is no CSV export/import for vendors? right? Or Did I miss something?

Second, how could I allow vendors to choose to create a new standard or a 'special' product?
The special product being pretty much a title field and an upload field where they can upload a word doc/csv with multiple products that we can in our office review and add to the site.

Any ideas how could it be achieved?

In our case instead of people selling products we have vendor accounts created for our suppliers. So they can help us keep their products up to date.
In saying that all suppliers submissions requires administrator's approval and all submissions go into an special category.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 10 months ago #205761

Hi,

The export/import is not yet available in HikaMarket ; it require a re-factoring of the export/import in HikaShop in order to let HikaMarket apply his special restriction filters.
Because we don't want to give all information or give all elements in write access ; HikaMarket can't use a classical/simple export/import system.

For your request, I don't see the real link with HikaMarket.
I understand that you want your vendors be able to send you CSV files ; but I don't see what I could do in HikaMarket for that.
It will be easier for you to have some kind of "contact" form with an upload field and to restrict that contact form to your vendors (thanks to the Joomla ACL system).

We have in the HikaMarket TODO list a "product versioning" ; which will allow vendors to edit a product but where the modifications will be stored in another table so an administrator can approve (or refuse) them and when the original product will stay available.
This feature is still in a R&D state ; we performed some tests in order to find the best way for the implementation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 10 months ago #205890

Hi Jerome,
It is good to read you are planning to implement it in the future.

Also thanks for your suggestion about the form.
It is an alternative that works fine for me at the moment.

I created a single article page, assigned the form to that page, all good.

Now I am trying to create a template override for the Vendor's produtcs listing (My Product) where we have the 'New' and the 'Back' button. I want to add a button there, something like 'Send CSV for review'.
But I can't find the file I need to use to create the override to add a button to that part.

Coul you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

8 years 10 months ago #205905

Hi,

You currently have two different kind of solution.

1/ You can create an override for the HikaMarket view "front-end | your-frontend-template | toolbar | default".
That view is used to display the toolbar in all HikaMarket pages.
By reading the parameters in the url (ctrl & task) ; you can modify the toolbar data for the pages you want.

2/ You can create an HikaMarket custom plugin and use the trigger "onHikamarketBeforeDisplayView".
The HikaMarket productmarket views are using that trigger which will be called before the processing of the view.
In the plugin, you can check which view is currently display and modify the toolbar data thanks to the variable : $view->toolbar

In both cases, it will unsure you that you won't loose your modifications with HikaMarket updates.
Because you could modify directly the "view.html.php" in the productmarket folder ; but it won't be a persistent modification.
But the content of the "components/com_hikamarket/views/productmarket/view.html.php" can give you a good example of how the toolbar content is ; so you can add your content in the same way.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #206046

Hi Jerome,
Thanks for that, I decided to do a template override for the toolbar (I didn't see there was one before) as it is the way I am most comfortable with.

Here is my solution in case someone else need.

<? if(JRequest::getCmd('layout')== 'listing' && JRequest::getCmd('view') == 'productmarket'){ ?>
	<div class="btn"><a href="custom-ulr-/for-custom-button"><span class="btnName">Custom Button Name</span></a></div>
<?php } ?>
I also changed line 34 to echo '<div class="btn '.strtolower(str_replace(' ', '-', $tool)).'">';
this adds the tool name as a class to the btn which helps to style them differently.

Thanks

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] is nice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

8 years 10 months ago #206050

Hi,

The toolbar has been transformed into a view in HikaMarket 1.6.0 ; so it's quite recent.
The idea is to make the toolbar more flexible and to allow template to have a toolbar with their own design.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...arket-changelog.html

The front-end toolbar is now a view that you can override.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds