More dynamic product listing and category assign

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 6 months ago #212902

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.5
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.5

I have some simple (to explain) suggestions to make the massive data entry and maintenance more dynamic and time-efficient for users.

I simply explain this with an image. Hope this is inspiring to your team and can implement it in the near future.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 6 months ago #212907

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

The drag'n'drop is a good idea but is not something easy to implement.
But I don't think that draging a product to the tree should "add a new category" ; because the action you're doing is moving the product. The inverse (drag a category from the tree to the product) is more logical to add a new category.
About the display of the categories for each product, I have some reserved ; I'm not sure that it would be interesting for everyone and won't be useful if some product have a lot of categories.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 6 months ago #212922

The inverse (drag a category from the tree to the product) is more logical to add a new category.

This sounds reasonable, just that dragging the product thumb makes visually simple to do it. But of course your concept makes more sense for the naive user. In any case it would be a giant step further to daily work efficiency.

About the display of the categories for each product, I have some reserved ; I'm not sure that it would be interesting for everyone and won't be useful if some product have a lot of categories.

I agree absolutely is not useful in all cases and I guess would be resource consuming in huge databases, so it would be good if it was a selectable function. In my humble opinion many people is not using or requesting this kind of feature simple because is not common in this kind of interfaces, but once you have it you can't live without it when is about huge catalogs.

About the "problem when too much categories are assigned to a product" it can be simply solved by showing only a limited number and letting display more in a popover box. I understand that adding the 'Delete button' adds both complexity in coding and more 'charge' in the browsing experience so maybe this part could be left for a later future.

Please let me know if you decide to put this feature in the ToDo list.

Thank you for your interest in my suggestions.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 6 months ago #212959

Hi,

I can put it in the TODO list but it won't be for a short term release.
For UX ; they are elements for the order edition that I want to improve before.
But that's right that I also want to improve some things in the HikaMarket product listing page ; if such kind of feature is added, we will require some AJAX features too (to load dynamically some content).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterChain

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds