- Posts: 136
- Thank you received: 7
Add new toolbar button to hikam_toolbar - Save and close
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #252315
by flexsus
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Add new toolbar button to hikam_toolbar - Save and close was created by flexsus
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
Hi
In front-end for vendors: New -> Product
You have 'apply' and 'save' button.
The apply-button "saves" what the vendor has typed in, or in other words, just apply it.
The save-button "saves" (apply) and close the product window of what the vendor has typed in. The default icons don't show this "close" approach.
I suggest a more meaningful approach. Use the terms 'Save' and 'Save and close'. Adding a HIKAM_SAVE_AND_CLOSE to language string.
Regards,
Henrik
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
Hi
In front-end for vendors: New -> Product
You have 'apply' and 'save' button.
The apply-button "saves" what the vendor has typed in, or in other words, just apply it.
The save-button "saves" (apply) and close the product window of what the vendor has typed in. The default icons don't show this "close" approach.
I suggest a more meaningful approach. Use the terms 'Save' and 'Save and close'. Adding a HIKAM_SAVE_AND_CLOSE to language string.
Regards,
Henrik
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by flexsus. Reason: typo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #252352
by flexsus
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Replied by flexsus on topic Add new toolbar button to hikam_toolbar - Save and close
I can see, that the HikaMarket 'toolbar' uses, HIKA_SAVE and HIKA_APPLY language strings. I would preferre not to do a language override of these to strings since I don't know what consequences this will have.
I would preferre that the toolbare would return HIKAM_SAVE and HIKAM_APPLY. I can't see that I can solve this by editing the toolbar.php view. If this was solved, I could make a language override of these two strings. But better would be, if 3 options exist:
HIKAM_APPLY
HIKAM_SAVE
HIKAM_SAVE_AND_CLOSE
I would preferre that the toolbare would return HIKAM_SAVE and HIKAM_APPLY. I can't see that I can solve this by editing the toolbar.php view. If this was solved, I could make a language override of these two strings. But better would be, if 3 options exist:
HIKAM_APPLY
HIKAM_SAVE
HIKAM_SAVE_AND_CLOSE
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by flexsus. Reason: typo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #252360
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Add new toolbar button to hikam_toolbar - Save and close
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Unfortunately, the "apply / save" logic is made according to Joomla (and thus, HikaShop).
So I cannot change the default translations for these text nothing that it will break the homogeneity.
But yes, the icons could have some improvements.
About the override of the "toolbar / default" view, it is a good solution indeed.
In that view you can replace
By
In order to have the "$key" where you will be able to find "apply" and "save" ; it will be a good solution to override the text just before the display.
Regards,
Thanks for your feedback.
Unfortunately, the "apply / save" logic is made according to Joomla (and thus, HikaShop).
So I cannot change the default translations for these text nothing that it will break the homogeneity.
But yes, the icons could have some improvements.
About the override of the "toolbar / default" view, it is a good solution indeed.
In that view you can replace
Code:
foreach($data as $tool) {
Code:
foreach($data as $key => $tool) {
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds