Search for products based on the region(s) of vendors

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284750

Hi

I am building a multi-vendor site where local stores will sell goods.

On registration the vendor selected his city (label: city1). The value of that field contains several cities and postal codes (region). I made a vendor dropdown field like this:
value (region): city1 - postal code1, city2 - postal code2, city3 - postal code3
label: city1 - postal code1

The buyer should be able to find products based on a selection of one or several cities.
So when the buyer select 'city1' all products by vendors in the region (value) should be found.
I attached a screenshot with an example of what's needed.

Can you give me some advice in how to achieve this?

Regards
Wouter

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #284768

Hello,

HikaMarket have a system called "vendor location" ; it's composed of plugins and a module.
The goal of the feature is to let your vendors enter the list of cities and/or postcode that they can "handle".
Afterwards, the module allow a customer to enter his city (or postcode) which will be use to filter the products (via the hikashop vendor location plugin) and the vendors (via the hikamarket vendor location plugin) in the listings.
The module would also read the city/postcode information from the customer address if he is log-in and have a default address configured.

Now, if these plugins+module do not feet exactly to your needs, you still have the possibility to duplicate them and modify them as you want.
Regarding your current description, it looks to be really similar but I don't know what kind of data you have behind your screenshot interface. So it is possible that some modification (custom development) would be required.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wouter.galia

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284770

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for your reply. I will test these plugins first and most likely hire a developer to make customisations.

The vendor location filter/module is seperated from the general filter. Can you give any advice in how to combine the two? This would be important for the project I'm working on.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #284804

Hello,

Yes, that filtering system via the plugin is separate from the HikaShop filter system.
Afterwards, because it's made to only display the elements based on the customer location ; it has not been design to let it be a HikaShop filter (so it can also be used without HikaShop Business).
To do such integration, it would require some modification in the HikaShop core to modify the filter class and allow it to be extended via triggers/plugins.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wouter.galia

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds