Ability to restrict users (vendors) from creating new tags

• Thank you received: 8
4 years 11 months ago #306561

Hello,

We using Hikamarket I - and others might also find this useful - would like the vendors to only select available tags for their products.
Maybe an option in the Access level - tags creation (or similar)
This way we have a better control of the tags and it is also much more manageable in a multilingual environment...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 11 months ago #306579

Hello,

Unfortunately, HikaMarket is using the Joomla tag element to perform the selection of the tags ; that element allows to pick-up and to create new tags on the fly and that is done directly by Joomla core.
It would need to check when the tag is created exactly but, adding a restriction on that would be very complicated since it would require to create specific code to handle parts which are in the Joomla core so it could see to remove tags which do not exists...
But since all the system is in the Joomla core and the UCM system, it's not very easy to have control on that (and clearly, we don't want to perform the insertion manually since it changed between Joomla 3 versions)

If you want to have the control on tags, I would rather recommend to use an HikaShop custom field to perform a similar feature.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 8
4 years 11 months ago #306643

Hello Jerome,

What I do not understand is that Joomla tags have an access level setting.
Why then hikamashop/hikamarket does not follow the joomla native access level for tags ?
Isn't it possible in some way to check the joomla user group permission for tag creation?

The scenario would be:
The access level in hikashop/market allows or not to use tags, in other words the display and selection of tags
and
the Joomla user group permission controls the user group(s) for tag creation (Tags: Options in Joomla - see attached)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 11 months ago #306646

Hello,

I can't tell you much about the Joomla ACL and how they are manage, but I assume it's regarding the controller and not the help itself.
HikaMarket do nothing regarding the tags ; it just uses the HikaShop tags helper which have an interface with the Joomla UCM system and use the "JHelperTags" to perform preStorageProcess and postStorageProcess.
All HikaShop is doing is to providing an object which feet the requirements of the JHelperTags and the Joomla core is doing the rest.

Now when you're trying to create a new tags, the system do not create the tags on the fly but they are using special values so the JHelperTags will create them during the save.
Why the ACL are not used, I can't tell you but if you do not want to authorize the creation of tags ; the fast solution would be to use a custom plugin with onBeforeProductCreate/onBeforeProductUpdate to remove the unwanted entries in " $element->tags ".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds