Categories Options Glitch

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 2 months ago #144463

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28

For some reason in the Hikamarket | Market Options tab under category options, if you toggle YES for "Create categories for vendors", it will create a category for the vendor, however, the vendor loses the ability to select the product categories I created while they are creating a new product. I'm not sure if that is intentional or if it is a bug. Either way, as a result, all the products for a few of my vendor accounts are not correctly categorized because they didn't know any better.

Is there a way i can assign a group of products to a product category quickly, or do i have to go in to each individual product and assign their categories? ALSO, while the new sign ups have the ability to select product categories for their products (but they are not in a vendor category), the ones that did have a vendor category STILL have no access to the product categories. How do i get them the ability to select a product category for their products?

On a side note: It would be really great if we could allow the vendor to select a vendor category, and make the vendor category that they select the parent to the vendor category that is created automatically for them. Just an idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 2 months ago #144474

Hi,

Please provide a screenshot of your HikaMarket configuration for the "Market / category" section.
It will help us to have a better idea of your configuration and tell you if it is a bug or not.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 2 months ago #144486

See Attached.

Right now I Have Create categories for vendors” set to “no”, So any new vendors created have the ability to select the right product categories for their products.

However, any vendor that was created when it was set to yes can still only select their vendor category.

Would love a solution to this.

Thanks so much.

Attachments:

10 years 2 months ago #144492

Hi,

Please provide a [screenshot of your HikaMarket configuration for the "Market / category" section.
It will help us to have a better idea of your configuration and tell you if it is a bug or not.

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 2 months ago #144497

See Attached.

Attachments:

10 years 2 months ago #144498

Hi,

You have the option "change vendor root category" configured to "vendor home".
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nfig_market_category

Change vendor root category
You can change the root category for vendors. It means that vendors could only see products and categories which are in their "root category".
You can deactivate it (and vendors would be able to see all products and categories of your store).
You can set the "vendor home" and it would use automatically the "vendor category" previously created.
You can set "yes" and at this moment, you would be able to set the default root category. The "root category" could be override per vendor.

Because HikaMarket create a vendor category, it is logical that your vendors are limited to that category, because the option said so.
Please use another value for the "vendor root category" in order to have more possibilities during the category selection.

You can also read the vendor tutorial which explain how the categories works.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...html#tuto_first_conf

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 2 months ago #144690

This explanation helped a lot, but no matter how I configure this, I'm unable to achieve what we need. perhaps it is within the scope of the software's capabilities and perhaps no. Here is what we need:

1. Vendor Category is automatically created
  2. All vendor's products are automatically listed in Vendor Category
  3. When adding products, vendor has ability to list their product in a product category that we created... so, in other words, they have access to product categories as well

Our niche is going to be setting up hyper-local stores. So, we need to be able to categorize vendors based on their geographical location. Our Vendor Categories can conceptually end up looking something like this:

--- United States (country)
--- --- Texas (state)
--- --- --- East Texas (Region)
--- --- --- --- Greater Houston (County / City)
--- --- --- --- --- Cy-Fair (Blok)
--- --- --- --- --- Greater Heights (Blok)
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- Store 1 (vendor)
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- Store 2 (vendor)

Right now, we standardize the product categories and restrict access for vendors to create new ones. All products must be categorized somewhere in the product categories...

Is there a way I can assign a vendor to a vendor category automatically using mass actions or filters like:

On vendor creation if address_post_code REGEXP 77007|77008 create vendor category in category ID 12

I checked it out, but i couldn't find anything.

SIDE NOTES:
  • It would be great if the vendor could select what vendor category they want to be listed under.
  • It would be Ideal for the image created in the vendor details to be equal to the image created for the vendor category, just as the written details are the same.

PS - I'm sorry that this became a little long winded the subject entered some gray zones. The software is just so robust that it's difficult addressing issues one subject at a time, without it interfering it other issue. I'm still certain that Hikamarket is the solution we need but launching with such a concept as ours is proving to be an undertaking.

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by ourblok. Reason: The forum stripped my hyphens

10 years 2 months ago #144988

Hi,

Sorry for my late answer.

There is not feature (or trigger for plugins) for the moment to make the parent category dynamic. I added your request in the HikaMarket TODO list.
In the HikaShop backend, you should be able to move a vendor category like you can move a product category.
So for the moment it is not something dynamic but you can make the organization you want.

The option to change the vendor root change the vendor root category. Once this option is activated, your vendor will be restricted in the categories.. It is totally logical because it is the goal of the feature.
Using the mode where you select yourself the vendor root category could be better. At this moment you can choose the default category and you can override it by vendor (in the vendor edition page in the Backend).
And thanks to a little HikaMarket plugin, you could plugged on the vendor creation/update triggers to change dynamically the value of the vendor root category.

It could be something that you could do using mass action but I am not sure that your specific case could be configured in the mass action system.
I have to check with the rest of the team for that (I am not an expert of the mass action system).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds