Major error with duplicate product_code

• Thank you received: 16
7 years 5 months ago #255852

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Duplicate entry 'MON-0002' for key 'product_code' SQL=UPDATE `#__hikashop_product` SET `product_name`='Name',`product_code`='MON-0002',`product_quantity`='-1',`product_manufacturer_id`='',`product_published`='1',`product_vendor_id`='1',`product_page_title`='',`product_url`='',`product_meta_description`='',`product_keywords`='',`product_alias`='name',`product_canonical`='',`product_tax_id`='',`product_msrp`='0.0000000',`product_min_per_order`='0',`product_max_per_order`='0',`product_sale_start`='',`product_sale_end`='',`product_warehouse_id`='',`product_weight`='0.000',`product_weight_unit`='kg',`product_length`='0.000',`product_width`='0.000',`product_dimension_unit`='m',`product_height`='0.000',`testcustomfield`='',`product_access`='all',`product_type`='main',`product_description`='',`product_modified`='1479818869' WHERE `product_id`='53'

We found two major errors with the handling of duplicated product code.

FIRST

When Hikamarket multivendor settings -> main -> main options -> Avoid duplicate product code is SET TO NO

if I create a new product from scratch and use an already existing product_code a message shows warning of:

A product with the same code already exists

This seems to me wrong as the settings are reacting the opposite of its label indication "Avoid duplicate product code"

If I duplicate an already existing product and then I remove the _copy384756 suffix so the product_code gets back to match the original product_code then I get an horrible CRASH SCREEN as the one attached here:

The only thing that to my understanding is working is when the Avoid duplicate product code is set to YES as then the system by its own aggregates the product_id as a suffix to the product_code.

Anyhow I think (but this is only my interpretation of how it should work) the user should be warned of this product_code mutation automatically been made when the product is saved.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 months ago #255855

Hi,

The HikaShop check for the product code has been moved in a different function ; so that check is no more called when HikaMarket ask HikaShop to save the product.
So I will add a patch to perform the verification even if the "avoid product duplication" is set.

Now please note that :
* If you do not provide a product code, that code is generate automatically by HikaShop during the save ; no previous check can be done.
* If you do not activate the setting "avoid product duplication", HikaMarket won't perform any check on the product code and will pass the data to HikaShop to perform the save.
* The setting "avoid product duplication" is there to change the "product code" if there is already the same code in the database ; but it requires that the product code is provided and enter by the user.
* There is also a setting to put a prefix on vendor products.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterChain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds