• Thank you received: 1
6 years 2 weeks ago #290674

-- url of the page with the problem -- : On localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.1

Hello,

this might not be a bug but a user mistake by me. Anyway, vendors are not able to access the variants in a product template with variants. The vendor is adding a product on the frontend, and the product template opens perfectly, except the variants are missing.

I am thinking this might be related to the access control for the vendor, but I have given full access to the vendor in hikamarket.

Can you please confirm that vendors can access variants set up in a product template? Then I will do further testing on my end.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 weeks ago #290675

Hello,

It's not a bug in HikaMarket ; it's just not possible to access to that information at the time you're describing.

In order to have a variant, you need to have a main product. When you are creating a new product (based on a template or not), you do not have a product in the database. Which means that you can't create variants for that product since you need to link the variant with its parent (and its parent do not exist yet).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 2 weeks ago #290740

I see, it is kind of a catch 22 - the main product needs to exist before variants may be set up.

Now, after saving the main product, is there any way to import or fetch the variants belonging to the template of the new product? In the template itself all the variants are available, but as far I can see the vendor needs to set up all the variants manually.

I ask because this vendor wants to set up hundreds of products, all with the same variants. Setting up the products from a template doesn't take long, but the variants would require quite some copy and paste. In example, if you have an art print that comes in different sizes and with or without a passepartout, this would require many variants. Each variant would be given its own price and specifications, and it would be very time saving to automate or allow import (or a copy) of variants.

Thank you for helping out. I assume there is no easy or fast fix, but I am trying to save some time for the vendors. I haven't looked into mass action yet, but I figure you would know the best method.

Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by nkreis.

6 years 2 weeks ago #290753

Hello again Jerome,

I have been thinking, how about if the vendor is allowed access to the backend of Hikashop, and just copy the product with all the variants.

So I tested this in the latest version of Hikashop (3.4.0) and it didn't work. But I seem to remember this working, so I installed a previous version, 3.2.0, and voila, it works! The copy of the product has retained all the variants.

I realize I am in the forum of Hikamarket and that this is not your responsibility, and I don't want to cross post. I will do some further testing, but this could be a solution, provided the feature of copying variants has not been removed in the latest version of Hikashop. I am not able to confirm my findings since have been testing on two different servers, and there might be settings that differ. I did however log into your demo server but was not able to set up variants as a demo user.

Therefore I look forward to your answer. If you prefer I can post the question about variants in the Hikashop section.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 weeks ago #290757

Hello,

Yes, I only handle HikaMarket in that part of the forum. So if you found an issue with HikaShop 3.4.0 the best would be to post a new thread in the HikaShop section of the forum.

Regarding the creation of variants for product template ; it would be something to improve in HikaMarket product creation system.
That is something I have in my "TODO" since I want to perform big modifications in the product creation system.
I take a look at what would be required for that feature and unfortunately, it cannot be done in few minutes/hours and will require a bit more. So I can tell you that I'll do my best to implement it since it will be a good improvement but I cannot give you a schedule.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesk

6 years 1 week ago #291036

Thank you for your answer, and thank you for improving the product creation system.

I will post in the Hikashop section and enquire about variants missing in a copied product.

Have a nice Sunday!

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds