• Thank you received: 3
3 years 10 months ago #319149

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.abierto.uy/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hello

A moment ago I updated hikashop and hikamarket to the latest version and I was surprised that all the system emails were overwritten in the update. Much of the emails were customized according to the site, colors, texts, images, links. I lost all hours work.
How is it possible for these types of elements to be deleted? Please, this is a very serious error, the mail is an absolutely personalized element, it cannot be overwritten in the update.

What other custom site elements did you lose because it was overwritten in the update?

Thank you !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319150

I can't believe it, were all the translations also deleted?

3 years 10 months ago #319151

For some reason the customizations are not automatically loaded in the emails, after saving the code, there if the email is displayed correctly.
The translations yes were deleted and overwritten.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 10 months ago #319166

Hello,

What translations and emails are you talking about ?
How did you perform the customization ?
Are you talking about HikaShop or HikaMarket ? (because you're in the HikaMarket section of the forum)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

3 years 10 months ago #319175

Hello

I'm talking about the hikamarket and hikashop translations that I customized done and the transactional emails from hikamarket and hikashop, for example when registering a new vendor.

The emails, luckily, weren't overwritten, but they were only seen correctly after I edited each one's code and saved them again. The emails I customized from the hikashop panel -> menu -> system -> emails -> edit market vendor registration (for example)
The .ini translations files if I lost them, when updating the components the ones of the new version were copied, overwriting the ones that I had customized. Fortunately I had backup of those files. I download the translation files via ftp and edit them in a code editor.
Another thing that was overwritten with the update are the image files found in the Media folder of hikashop and hikamarket, the headers and footers of mails, for example, but I also have backup. In order not to modify the code, I copy my images with the same names as the ones that come by default and replace them

The question that remains for me is that other customizable things are overwritten in the update. Are views overwritten? because some I have customized.

Thank you!

• Thank you received: 13036
3 years 10 months ago #319187

Hi,

When, you install / update HikaShop, Joomla will replace all its default files: translation files, view files, emails, controllers, etc.
So if you want to customize them you need to do so via overrides so that you don't loose them when you update:
- translations: If you want to change texts of HikaShop you should do so with translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
In that case, the translation overrides are saved in the file language/overrides/xx-XX.override.ini and that file is not modified when you update HikaShop.
- emails: if you edit them via the menu System>Emails, then the modified email files are saved as separate files with the text modified. in them in the folder media/com_hikashop/mail so Joomla won't overwrite them, only the original files
- views: if you edit them via the menu Display>Views, then the modified view files are saved as separate files in your template's templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/ as per Joomla's MVC override system allows. The files there are also not touched by Joomla when you install/update HikaShop.
- images: if you modify directly the images, you'll loose them. You should instead upload your images elsewhere, and change the view file / email, etc using the default image to use instead yours.
- CSS: if you edit it via the interface in the CSS section of the Display tab of the HikaShop configuration, it will be saved as separate files in media/com_hikashop/css and you won't loose your changes during updates either.
So normally, if you follow our recommendations for overrides, you should not loose your modifications when updating HikaShop.

3 years 10 months ago #319189

Perfectly explained, this will help me in future updates.

Thank you so much

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds