A user to clone product for his own variations

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 1 month ago #88081

I could not find if this functionality is possible:

Having a stock of products from the "main vendor" a "user-reseller" should be able to clone a product from the published products and change its price to make a "special offer". The product view would be exported to PDF and should not be allowed to be published as it is a special offer for a special client, only that "user-reseller" will be able to view or edit this product again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 1 month ago #88088

Hi,

HikaMarket 1.1.0 would have the "product template" feature which allow to create a template when a product is created.
Thanks to this feature, it would be possible to implement a "Copy to New" feature but I don't understand the PDF product view and the special offer for a special client.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 1 month ago #88094

Thanks for answering so fast!

I'll try to explain better:

USER A is owner of the shop. It has published 100 used cars.

USER B is a reseller who can clone one of the 100 published cars and change its price -> then generate and download a PDF file with its data so he can send a "special offer" to USER C (buyer) outside the internet.

Special modified price made by USER B should never be Published so common web buyers never find this special price made to USER C.

11 years 1 month ago #88279

Hi,

Like I explained, it could be possible to implement a copy feature in HikaMarket (in order to create a new product by copying information from an existing product).
The rest of your request is not possible easily. Implementing options to select which product could be copied or not would required a custom field.
But it would required a plugin which would be triggered when a product product is created (in order to read a parameter and set the product template content).
The "Copy" button could be added in views like HikaMarket does with the "edit" button.
After that a product page could not be download as PDF, so I really don't know how it could be possible to integrate it easily.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
11 years 1 month ago #88301

Hi Jerome, thanks for taking so much interest in my query.

Look, I registered as a HikeMarker Vendor in the demo page, but as I try to login it never works (and I tried with the correc tlogin data and with Firefox, Chrome and Safari).

Are you sure that the hikamarket inerface is working in your demo page?

thanks.

Peter,

11 years 1 month ago #88346

Hi,

Yes the demo website works good.
You can use the "demo / demo" login on the front end. Otherwise, you have to create a user, register as a vendor and publish the vendor.
The fornt-end menu contains a "HikaMarket" link into the "Other Features" menu. With this link, you can access to the Vendor control panel when the user is logged with a vendor account.

The demo website is every 3 hours so, it is possible that the website is reset during your test.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds