Remove Product Category from upload form

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 9 months ago #113109

Under the Product Categories Section on the new product form. It defaults a Product Category, I have Sub-Categories under the Product Category Folder. I would like to remove the default Product Category and have the option to only select from the sub categories.

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by xsbucks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #113167

Hi,

I see what you want to do and I tried to found a simple solution.
The fact is, it requires modification in the "category type selector" itself ; by adding new parameters in some functions and give you the possibility to use them.
In the same way, it could be interesting to have an option to only select final nodes in the tree.

If you want, I can give you the modifications requires in the file "administrator/com_hikamarket/types/shop_category.php" in order to add your specific option.
With these modifications, you would be able to activate the option directly in the "productmarket | form" view:

echo $this->categoryType->displayMultiple('data[product][categories]', @$this->product->categories, '', $this->rootCategory /*, THE NEW OPTION HERE */);

By modifying a core file, you will have to be careful with updates, because HikaMarket updates will remove your modifications.
That's why I have to design it correctly and include the patch in HikaMarket too, so you will be compatible with updates (it would replace the file but with the same kind of modifications).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xsbucks

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 9 months ago #113279

That worked perfect and i have it saved in my Hika Folder for Core Updates. I was going to ask another question regarding the same area but i will open a separate thread for searching sake. Thanks Jerome , as always you are awesome!

• Thank you received: 11
10 years 2 months ago #145057

Hi,

Can you tell me if this feature has been added ? I don't find it ... :blush:

Regards, Nossibe

Edit : Sorry, I just found in Market options > Categories options > Vendor defaut root category

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by nossibe63.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds