Split the customer payment to vendor and to owner

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #113698

I'd like to use hikamarket and hikashop to realize this kind of e-commerce service:

1) customer
2) vendor
3) marketplace owner

In my marketplace you can find a lot of different vendor that put in sale their products.
I'm the owner of the market place and i take a 20% of the product price from the vendor and i produce an invoice for this service
The vendor will produce an invoice of the 100% of product's price to the customer.

The customer will'pay using paypal or other service.

The payment arrive to vendor or to marketplace owner?

I need the money that start from the customer split in this way:
1)80% to the vendor
2)20% to the marketplace owner

In this way I can produce the invoice for the vendor for the service my marketplace offer (20% of commission)

Is it possible? How can i do?

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Q51x.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #113706

Hi,

With HikaMarket you can configure the fees like you want (20% for you, 80% for the vendor) but the invoice is still generated by you.
Because when a customer makes an order he can choose several products from different vendors, the customer will pay you directly and you will pay your vendors afterwards.
With paypal adaptive, this payment to the vendor can be automatic.

In the HikaMarket presentation, there is a section which talk about how payments work.
www.hikashop.com/fr/hikashop/141-hikamarket-welcome.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #115328

I must provide an invoice for just the 20% of what I earned from the vendor and also I must provide an invoice to the vendor and not to the customer. The vendor must provide and invoice to his customer about the 100% of the payment (+tax, etc...) and I just have to generate an invoice for the vendor about the 20% (+tax, etc...)
About the payment process I understand how it works now. That means that I receive money for something that I do not sell! Then I send those money to someone else... that's not really good...
Why not just disable with an option the ability for the customer to buy many goods and just buy one good at a time? This way you could let customer pay directly the vendor and with PayPal adaptive plugin vendor pay me automatically my 20%. This way I just manage money for the services I provide, and I do not manage money for something that I didn't sold! That can be very risky in fiscal controls!
In most cases people buy just one thing over the e-commerce. Would you consider this?

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Q51x.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 8 months ago #115338

Hi

I must provide an invoice for just the 20% of what I earned from the vendor and also I must provide an invoice to the vendor and not to the customer.
The vendor must provide and invoice to his customer about the 100% of the payment (+tax, etc...) and I just have to generate an invoice for the vendor about the 20% (+tax, etc...)

Yes, that's already the case.
You vendor have access to his suborders, with just his full total. He can generate an invoice and print it.
In your side, HikaMarket allow you to pay the vendor and generate an order for the selecting sub-orders using your fees. The total is what the vendor have to pay you.
We could see to improve the interface in order to let you print/send your invoices easily. But the features are already there.

About the payment process I understand how it works now.
That means that I receive money for something that I do not sell! Then I send those money to someone else... that's not really good...

I want to say sorry but it's not our fault.
When a customer pay for most payment methods there is just only one receiver. So the money has to be send to someone.
At this moment you can use Paypal adaptive and you won't "see" the money of your vendors.
But we can't make some magical tricks with the money.

Why not just disable with an option the ability for the customer to buy many goods and just buy one good at a time?

Because it's under development, like I said several time.
We can't introduce this feature before other features like the multi-payment that I recently introduced in HikaShop 2.2.0

[quote}This way you could let customer pay directly the vendor and with PayPal adaptive plugin vendor pay me automatically my 20%.[/quote]Yes but no. You will always be the main receiver.
Otherwise you can let the customer pay the final vendor and afterwards the vendor should send you your fees. (Fee/Commision modes in HikaMarket).

In most cases people buy just one thing over the e-commerce. Would you consider this?

We are already working on it but there is a lot of pre-requires other than the "multi-payment" system of HikaShop 2.2.0.
So it will take some time, it is clearly not simple but it growing well.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Jerome.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds