Vendor page and listing

• Thank you received: 13
10 years 8 months ago #120357

Hi,

I see in Hikamarket 1.3.0 the new features for vendor listing and vendors page.
I can display a list of vendors then clicking on one of them I see the vendor profile page but no products are displayed in this page about that vendor. Just the main vendor image and description.
I would have expected to see the vendor image and description and also his products.
Somehing wrong with my configuration or no products are really displayed?

If that's the case (products not really displayed) would you be consider a future release to add this option?
Would be very nice to have many "little stores" for every vendor using this feature so every vendor could have his "mini-store".

Also, I try to understand how the "vendor page" menu voice works. I create the menu voice but in the option I see only a text field to fill. Should I type in it the vendor name or something else to assign that menu voice to a specific vendor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #120359

Add to previous post.

I see that I can add a Hika Module soon after the vendor page and it show automatically the vendor products only. Anyway is there another solution instead of adding a module?

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 8 months ago #120363

Hi,

Like you notice in your second post, in HikaMarket, you can configure the modules displayed under the vendor page.
You will find this option in the HikaMarket configuration (under "Market Options" => "Displaying Options").

You have to create an HikaShop product listing module that you will display under the vendor page.
This product listing module should have to option "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" activated so the product listing will be synchronize with the current vendor.
The best is to display "all sub elements" and select the main product category. So every vendor products will be displayed.

I am working on several improvements in the vendor page and I am looking for another solution which will be easier and which will provide the same flexible features.
The current solution is very flexible because you can customize the product listing with the same options than in HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 8 months ago #120453

Ok, thanks. What about the menu voice "Vendor page"? I've created a menu voice like that but when I click on it it says "Vendor does not exist"

Something misconfigured? What this page should show me?

10 years 8 months ago #120510

Hi,

Please re-download HikaMarket 1.3.0, I added the missing "vendor id" parameter in the joomla menu configuration.
The "vendor page" menu will allow you to create a menu which will point to a specific vendor page, but you have to specify the vendor id for that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 7 months ago #122996

Sorry to Hijack a thread, I am wondering Jerome if a guy can get a little help with the Vendor page. Maybe just a bit more explanation might help, or if you have time to do a quick Skype and paid help?

Thanks

10 years 7 months ago #123027

Hi,

You can ask in the forum or directly by email (jerome at hikashop.com), there is no problem.
About Skype it will be more complicated. We generally don't accept it because we can't talk to everybody at the same time, forum and emails are easier for us to provide a good support service.

Don't hesitate to ask if you think that some points of the documentation should be improve (because it should be, it's sure)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 7 months ago #123080

You guys are doing an awesome Job already, just need a little bit of direct help with the vendor page.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 2 months ago #144676

I was under the impression that "Vendor Page" Would link to the logged-in vendor's page. Instead it asks for a specific vendor ID. Is there a way for us to have a dynamic link so that the logged in vendor can view / preview their own vendor page?

10 years 2 months ago #144683

Hi,

You can override a view in order to put a link to the current logged vendor page.
Thanks to the hikamarket helper, you can retrieve the current vendor id ( hikamarket::loadVendor() ) and you can generate the url manually or using the hikamarket::completeLink function.
I think that the vendor edition page should be the best place to put such link to preview the vendor public page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: ourblok

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 2 months ago #144691

Thank you!

Am I to enter hikamarket::loadVendor() or hikamarket::completeLink where it says Select a vendor id?

Thanks again!

10 years 2 months ago #144746

Hi,

Not at all.
I am saying that you have to build a link to a vendor page and give the vendor id in parameters.
You can't use a menu to do that because, it is not how this menu works.
If you re-read my previous message, you won't see more that I am re-explaining now.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 2 months ago #145454

Hello,

I'm trying to get the synchronized vendor listing module to work. I followed the above explanation but I can't have it to display unless I publish the module on all menu items.

I don't want this module to appear on all the pages (product listings...) only when someone click the "sold by".

Could you explain me how to do that?

Thank you.

10 years 2 months ago #145459

OK!! I got it I think!!

I just forgot to save the page after I select the module to display in the configuration "display options". I though it was saving automatically when clicking the "OK" inside the popup!

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds